Monday, May 18, 2015

Four and a Half Months After Surgery

and I'm still having pain.

No bleeding but I'm still having pain.  It is rather uncomfortable to say the least.  Sex wasn't always fun with the endometriosis but I wanted it.  I still want it but now when I have an O there is stabbing pain radiating through the pelvis with the O.  When I asked the oncologist about that particular issue last month they said it might go away or it might always be there because of the extensive damage to my pelvic region from the endometriosis and surgery.  The round ligament has been cut through so many times I will never have a flat stomach now.

Now that the adhesions have been removed from the bowels I am at the other end of the IBS with the diarrhea where before I used to be constipated.

Even though I'm no longer bleeding and no longer have the reproductive organs Endometriosis has left terrible scars behind.  Scars upon my body and mind.  Scars on my mind because of the lost pregnancies.  Scars on my body from the surgeries.

The left uppermost scar where they inserted all the equipment in the last surgery sits just below my floating ribs.  When I bend over the scar tissue likes to slip under the ribs and gets caught there causing pain until I can massage and pull it back out.  Not fun.

Last post I forgot to mention what J got me for Mother's Day as a gift.  I asked him to make a donation to an animal shelter for cats for me.  He did.  He told me how much and what in the card he gave me on Mother's Day.  He is so sweet.  I have my family and Bugsy means so very much to me.  I really hate thinking about the time he spent as a stray.  I want to give back when we can and why not with a gift this way.  I don't need more material possessions.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're still in so much pain. I can't even imagine how you deal with it. And that is a lovely mother's day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you are still having pain. I do however love that gift idea, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much pain this far out from surgery. :(

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.