Sunday, May 31, 2015

Over Hill Over Dale I Hope I Don't Hit The Dusty Trail Face First

Fumbling over words and stumbling over my own feet I some how made it through yesterday.  Today I'm taking it easy.

Yesterday the three of us decided to venture out of the house for a few hours.  We checked out a flea market in Savannah.  Eily wasn't impressed by the puppy mill area nor were we.  It smelled of beer, feces and decay.  The poor animals were packed in cages and fighting over one another to get to the water being poured into the cage through the wire from a recycled Mt. Dew bottle by their owner.  The cage of kittens was stacked on top of a cage of puppies.  The kittens were so lethargic from the heat that they didn't even respond to the water being poured into the cage.  I was disgusted and we turned away as soon as we could from the crowed of people that were hyped about the bull puppies in cages.

We then went to a Scottish pub for an early dinner.  Eily had her bottle, cheerios, bambas, and orange.  J and I had meat pies for our starter.  He ordered a burger while I had a stuffed portabella mushroom.  I had difficulty ordering.  I did explain to our waitress about my condition and that I have trouble speaking at times.  Yesterday was that day for me.  No changing table in the men's room but there was in the ladies room so I managed a quick diaper change for Eily there.

In all those fibromyalgia commercials they talk about the pain.  There is more than pain.  I have days where I have the shakes from my medicines.  I have days where the disconnect in the language center of my brain is horrid.  I know what I want to say but saying it is like playing the old pyramid game on television.  I have to describe the word because I can't remember the word.  Or the word comes out as the opposite word.  Or worse yet I sound like a drunken idiot and babble and slur my words.  Mind you I don't drink while on my meds and certainly not while my Fibromyalgia is that bad.

Earlier this week I fell with Eily in my arms.  My left leg again gave out.   Eily is just fine.  I was holding tight to her and the way I landed she was in her standing position which only scared her. I saw my pain management doctor on Thursday and told her.  She made note of it and the bruising on my leg.  She made a follow up appointment for 12 weeks out.  Honestly there isn't much that can be done for me any more except back surgery.  I'm scared.  At the rate I'm going I might just be in that dreaded wheel chair faster than I expected.  Two bad falls just this month.


  1. Sorry to hear about your falls. I know a few people with fibromyalgia, so I know what you're talking about.

    I actually have trouble with my words too, my doctor said it's mental exhaustion... it's gotten a lot worse in the last couple years. I sometimes struggle remembering the word, and say the opposite too. It's frustrating, so I really get that.

  2. First, can anyone call about that puppy/kitty mill? That should be illegal to treat animals like that! Shame!
    Second, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your illness. I can imagine how hard that would be to deal with while caring for a child. I really hope things get a little better soon.

  3. =\ sorry to hear you had another fall! glad E's ok... hopefully your dr can find a great course of action for treatment!

  4. So sorry to hear about the fall, hugs friend!


If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.