Monday, October 20, 2014

Carving Out Bits of Time

We won't be carving pumpkins this year; no place to display them since we live in an apartment.  Maybe next year we'll have a lawn again on which to put the pumpkins.

Right now I'm just trying to carve out a bit of time to blog, do bills, laundry, find a meal that I don't have to cook for too long because there just isn't time for the cooking.  I scarf down food when I get the chance.  I swear Little E doesn't sleep.

Things could be better between the mister and I but it seems as though I am the only one willing to put any effort into the relationship.  I was warned that the guy feels neglected after a baby is born.  It is so true.  Well I do too but I'm not going to take it out on my marriage.

As for the neurology appointment the other; Candler Hospital forgot to forward the MRI results to my neurology office.  Great!  So I went in to the appointment with no medical records.  Thanks!

After the appointment I stopped by the medical records room at Candler and got the results myself.  I drove them over a few streets to the neurologist where they copied them.  I asked to have the doctor or nurse contact me when they have read the results.  Still waiting.

Later that same afternoon I had an appointment with my PCM.  Again no hands on with this new doctor.  As a matter of fact when I was asked by the nurse if I had any ear pain or sore throat and I declared a Yes response the doctor totally ignored it.  He again stood by the door for the full two minutes he deemed necessary to spend with me.  Jerk!

However my MRI results did confirm what I already knew.  My spine is getting worse.  I now have two bulging discs in my neck of which on is pressing against the spinal cord.  I have two in my back that I knew for years were bulging.  One of those is also now pushing against the spinal cord.  Fun!

I had to drop the atorvastatin I was prescribed as of today.  I called my PCM's office to tell them that I'd had enough of the muscle pain it was causing me.  It is a rare side effect.  I've been on the drug for a month now and it feels like I was hit by a Mac truck.  My arms and legs hurt so much to move it is as though I had run a marathon.  The nurse said they will switch my medications out.

The paperwork is ready for pick up today along with the new medicine.  What sucks is that I am without transportation to go get the paperwork.  There are days, like today, that I hate having just one vehicle.  The paperwork is the modification request for housing so that I am qualified to receive ADA housing.  We drove around a bit this weekend and noted a few ADA places were open.  Hoping we'll receive notice to move soon.  It is going to cost us a bit to move but to get away from the black mold in this hole it is worth it.

Yesterday I did get to drive, first time I have driven in over 6 months.  I drove back from Midway where J and I had a lunch with Little E, to the fort where we live.

Little E wearing her Totoro stuff.  Yes she is one of those babies that hates hats.

1 comment:

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.