Friday, July 4, 2014

Finals

Yesterday was my last day at Coastal Perinatal.  I wasn't due for a full anatomy scan since I had one last week but the pregnant tech took pity on me knowing that I will be induced on Sunday.  She measured baby girl and even though she warned me that ultrasounds can be off by a pound either way for weight I was pleased to note a marked difference from just last week Wednesday.  Baby Girl is weighing 13 ounces more than last week.  Yeah I've been pushing food consumption even when it makes me vomit in the attempt to add more weight to her.  I haven't gained but she did this week!  YAY!  She is listed as now weighing 6 pounds 1 ounce.  I can only hope she'll weigh about that at birth.

Today is my last non stress test.  We are hoping that I pass this one today.  However, my packed bags will be going into the car along with her car seat today just in case.  I've been warned.

I just put in my order for the photos from the maternity session.  I will also be receiving the other photos on a flash drive with a print release so that I can make more copies over the years of the photos as needed.  My photographer is pcsing in about a month so I will be trying to find someone else to do Baby Girl's newborn photo session.

Oh J and I have basically settled on a name for Baby Girl.  She will be getting my grandmother's first name as a middle name.  So Grace is the middle name.  We are thinking of using a Welsh name for her first name.  Though baby girl isn't mine genetically I do have Welsh heritage and would like to give me as much in the way of roots as possible.  Her genetic mother is just Irish and English.  J is Scottish, English, Portuguese, Austro-Hungarian, Dutch, German, and Czechoslovakian with the majority being in the Portuguese and Dutch.  J is a blonde with a Portuguese nose but it still looks good on his face.

I can't wait to meet Baby Girl and see whom she looks most like.

Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends.

4 comments:

  1. I have quietly been reading your great blog for months. Just wanted to wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the stress test goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th to you, J and the little one - who is soon to make her entrance :-) I am so excited for you -- cannot wait to see pics. Lots of good wishes for a smooth delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and baby girl all the best with the delivery!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.