I didn't complain about my daughter. I complained about my brother. I complained about my health. I complained about having to try to fit court dates into an already busy schedule.
So now I'll list what I am grateful for. Oh and if you were one of those secretly saying that I'm whining ....go stick it.
Why I'm Grateful:
- I got to make peace with my father before he died.
- I had a baby last year of whom I cannot dote on enough, praise enough, and tell the world enough about. However, I won't brag about her here daily as I don't want to be one of those women that was infertile and has her baby and forgets the struggle of all the rest of those out there still wanting a baby.
- I lived after giving birth. It was a close call. If it hadn't of been for my husband yelling for the doctors and their quick action to resuscitate me I wouldn't be here today.
- I have a wonderful husband. Yes, he gets on my nerves before he has a mission but I've noticed that most soldiers start acting differently before they have to go away too. It is just part of being a military family.
- I have a great cat. He is the best cat around. Truly a Nanny Cat.
- I have my friends. My true friends that are there for me when I need them. I include my husband in this because he is there for me when I have the nightmares and sleep walking and PTSD issues.
- I have my family. No I'm not including my mom, brother or in-laws. As my husband said to me this past Christmas, "my family is in this room" with his meaning me, E, and Bugsy. I have to agree we are a family and a damn nice one too.
- I have love.
- I don't want for much because I keep my needs and wants simple. I'm grateful for that because I've been able to save up enough to pay for the out of pocket expenses with savings and not credit (except to earn the cash back and pay if off immediately) every time I did an infertility treatment. Learning to live with less has really changed me and I'm grateful for that experience.
- I have the love of my God. God has been fair with me and shown me my path. Enough said.