Friday, November 18, 2016

Searching for Doctors

I thought for sure that with the referral I received in the mail, from Tricare, yesterday that I had my appointment for the gastro doctor in the bag.  Nope! Not even close.  I mean the distance I had to drive to this place was nuts but it was in network so I had no choice, right?

I called the doctor's office.  Turns out she is no longer working at this particular office.  Oh jeez!  Great.  I asked the receptionist if the other two gastro docs would take the referral as it states that my referral is basically an open one as long as the provider is in my network.  Not only would she not take it, she made me go call my insurance office too.  Turns out the doctor she is the receptionst for does take my insurance.  Well they can bite my buttons.  I searched and found a different doctor closer.  The reason why Tricare didn't pick this doctor first is that this one is more costly.

I think I've complained before that Tricare is cheap!  Oh and that it doesn't attract quality doctors.  The first doctor they would have sent me to was only a 3 star rating.  Not very good for having practiced for 20 years.

I called the doctor that is closer.  I'm hoping that I'll hear back on Monday.  His office is only open M-Thursday.  He also only a 3 star rating.  My insurance is not going to attract the top doctors.  I'm not sure what insurance will.

Good news is that I have a lab draw on Monday.  Tuesday I have my contrast CT to see what is going on in the left side of my upper abdomen.  I have pain.  It hurts to the touch.  It is now making it difficult to eat.  I cannot get comfortable when I sleep.

So tired my brain is having difficulty typing.

1 comment:

  1. :( I am so sorry that you are going through all of this.

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.