Friday, March 22, 2013

CD 1 and Some Other Stuff

Right now I'm on the phone with Stephanie at PNW trying to figure out what we are going to do and when.

I have four packs of birth control on hand that don't expire until this summer.  Two in June and two in August.

Just finished my phone conversation.  Today I start the birth control pills. 

Next week Sarah will give me a call with an update and a possible prescription change if needed along with a calender if things are fully ready.  Hopefully we'll know more about the embryo situation by then.

Wow.  I mean just wow!  One step closer to my DE IVF.

Today is an amazing day.  Not just because I start on the journey that could give me a baby but that ten years ago today I met my husband. 

We were at a friends wedding.  I knew the bride, I worked with her, and I was also friends with the groom.  J went to college with both the bride and groom.  Funny how J and I never met on campus since we were both attending the same college. 
It was my job to drive the groom the five hours to the wedding ceremony the day before the wedding.  Though that couple has long ago started the divorce proceedings J and I are still together.  Ours is a love that should, given all we've been through already, last till death.

Oh the sun is shining here today too.  Hoping it stays a nice day.

I'm currently working on making my first ever baby sweater.  The gal I gave the baby afghan to the other day is now going to have a baby shower for her third baby.  I'm giving her a hat and bootie set from my shop too.  Hopefully I'll have the sweater put together before her shower.  I've never done a sweater and feel a bit daunted.  It is a challenge I'm going to accept because if I do this one right I know I can make them for my baby/ies too.

Yesterday J came home at lunch with my appreciation certificate.  Well okay it wasn't a certificate this time.  I was expecting the same old computer printed thank you for your volunteering certificate that I would put in my folder.  Last year I attended the volunteer luncheon but they forgot to send out our certificates of appreciation.  This year nothing about the luncheon has gone out and usually it is in mid April.  No big deal.  But what J brought home did surprise me.  I got a plaque.

I don't think I'll be able to put this plaque in my folder I told him. I had a slight smile.  I've never been given a plaque for my volunteering.  I volunteer because it is fun to help out with the Army.  I make blankets when possible for the wounded warrior program, cookies for the soldiers at the COF and I'm a point of contact for the FRG.  A plaque is just too much.  I haven't even hung up my diplomas from college.  With 10-17 weeks left here I have my doubts I'll be hanging any on the walls at this point.  Most likely I'll start taking things off the walls soon.

Sorry long post.  Rambled on again.

23 comments:

  1. Exciting that things are getting underway! I hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping time goes by quickly for you! I hope I can make a quilt for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonisha you are too much. I appreciate the thought. Hoping I soon have a baby or two.

      Delete
  3. Yeah for CD1!!! I'm so excited with you :) And congrats on your 10 year meetaversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting that things are getting underway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to wish time away but I think you can understand how anxious I am.

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary of meeting your husband!

    Yay for CD1 and moving forward too!

    I think that's sweet they gave you a plaque. You do so much, and you're such a kind person- you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I should be doing a lot more to deserve a plaque.

      Delete
  6. Great news that you have started your cycle! May this be the one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really hoping this is the one and that we have some to freeze too.

      Delete
  7. Awww...congrats on your anniversary. Things like that are special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good luck this cycle, I hope it brings you your sticky BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so exciting to get started. Praying everything goes as planned for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything goes well as you head into this cycle! I also wanted to thank you for your volunteer work and for being supportive of your husbands work and the work that your DH does for the army. It must be hard with all of this added on and I hope everything goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten used to the weird hours my husband keeps with him being a soldier. LOL I'll pass on your thanks to him.

      Delete
  11. Hi from ICLW...good luck this cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi from ICLW...good luck this cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for you! One step closer!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.