We decided to stay a bit longer at my mom's house after arriving here yesterday. Today dad was moved out of the ICU and into a private room at the VA hospital. Dad and Mom both asked us to stay longer as they haven't seen us in about seven years.
Most likely we will be hitting the road on Monday. That will be the last day of J's 18 day leave. I'm okay with that and he is too. He doesn't actually have to report to his new duty station until 10 June but we don't want to use up all of his leave he has been saving up for the past three years in just this move alone. We are hoping to use some of his leave for the birth and the christening.
While in downstate NY last on Palm Sunday we spoke to the Bishop of J's home church and the man agreed to do the christening with a penciled in scheduled for either Thanksgiving or Christmas when block leave opens up.
Now that we are at my mom's house we are trying to find my christening gown for our daughter. Not having much luck finding it so far and will most likely have to tear apart the closets in all three bedrooms. Mom did find my dad's christening gown but it has a few problems with it in that it is really thin, might be too small by the time Christmas comes around and some of the stains might not come out from 1937 when it was last used.