Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Death

It is never easy for a child when they lose their parent no matter how old the child or the parent.


On Monday morning my dad died.


Monday evening I was assaulted by my brother.  I went to the Emergency Department at a hospital near to my mom's home.  Soft tissue injuries from him choking me.  I had the police brought into my room and I reported the assault.  I'll be pressing charges.


My brother might have been my dad's favorite but Dad isn't here, thankfully, to witness what happened.  Mom pleaded with me for the first few hours to not report it.  I made her realize that if he had hurt anyone outside the family or even my daughter she would have wanted the police to get involved.  I refuse to be guilt tripped into not pressing charges.


The next few days are going to be really rough.  I'm being medicated for the pain.  I'm to be kept separate from my brother during the wake and funeral.  Oh not because I'd go after him but because he might again try to kill me.


I'll go into more details on the whole thing when I'm back home and hopefully safe on the military installation.


Thinking of all of you and hoping your lives are good.



12 comments:

  1. As if dealing with your father's death isn't hard enough. I'm so sorry. I hope the rest of your time there goes without any incident. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sorry that your brother treated you that way. Hoping you find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

    Stay safe at the wake and the funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, and the incident with your brother. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What in the world would make him do such a thing?! And the day your family is mourning? Is that how he deals with your dad passing?
    I'm so sorry you not only had to feel the loss of your dad, but also deal with this assault. How horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you as you manage through the death of your dad. Sorry about the stuff with your brother also. *Big Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your dad, I'm also sorry that you are dealing with your brother. Family issues are never good and are the most painful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for your loss. And I hope that pressing charges and dealing with your brother is empowering and not more painful. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad - and what your brother did. Take care of yourself. I'm glad you're pressing charges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your loss and what you're going through on top of that! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your dad, continued prayers for you and your family, especially regarding your brother... Keep yourself and your family safe~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not everyone who is blood related deserves to be a part of your family. what I love about family is we have the opportunity to create our own with the friends we allow into our lives.

    Wishing you the best with all this serious stuff you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I am so glad you are pressing charges, what he did is unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.