Monday, November 24, 2014

Home Again

...and I don't mean at my Mom's house either.

I have to say that I've never been happier to be back at my apartment.  Mom was getting quite cranky yesterday.  Today when I called her I didn't even get the chance to say I love you before she jumped down my throat with, "what do you want!  I'm busy trying to wrap Christmas gifts and get a copy made of the death certificate for Aunt J!".  I did ask why her sister wanted a copy of the death certificate but never got a straight answer out of her.  So I hung up.  I did say bye.

I just can't figure some people out.  I mean I know that I was never the favorite child and I didn't expect to be but sheesh one would think that after what happened last week Monday I would at least rate a bit higher now.  Not even close.  Mom made her statement to the police and did so with the intention of protecting my brother's butt.  She said to me before I left, "you didn't like what I wrote for my statement did you?".  I told her it isn't for me to like or not.  You wrote what you felt you had to in order to protect your own interests whether it was fair or not.

Problem is that she wasn't being truthful on her statement either.  I won't be talking more about it here for a long while.  Wish I could but knowing my brother he'll find a way to censure me or shut down my blog to protect his butt.

Not that he knows that I have a blog but Mom knows I have a blog and I'm sure she'll mention it to him even if she doesn't know the web address.

In other news, I wrapped the last of the Christmas gifts that have to be sent out.  I still need to wrap the gifts for Little E and J.

I still haven't broken down in tears for my Dad yet.

J is due to leave soon.  Maybe I'll break down then?

J is going to hopefully have some time to help me decorate before he leaves.  Hard to do when you have a baby that refuses to nap when needed.

I'll leave you with a photo of J and Little E.  She is such a daddy's girl.

4 comments:

  1. Sending lots of positive thoughts and love your way. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all of this. You are so much stronger than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've had a lot going on! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I'm also sorry you have such turmoil in your family. I can't believe your brother would go after you like that!

    On a more positive note, your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from ICLW. I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the pain that your family has caused you. I've always heard that death can bring out the best and the worst in families. It sounds like you are the only one who was mature enough to deal with your father's passing as an adult. I wish you much peace as you continue to process your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. E is adorable! Look at that sweet face!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.