Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Discussing the Digestive Issues

Friday I have my 8 week ultrasound.  I'll be a bit over 8 weeks but I'm not keeping actual track of how long as the baby is going to grow at its own pace.

I'll be asking for zofran and miralax.  I'm sure those of you that are pregnant or have children can guess why.  It doesn't matter how much fiber I eat right now.  Oh and at night before bed I start puking up.  I wake up with a hard stomach full of gas where upon I start belching from 0410 hrs until 0600 hrs when I lie back down.  I get up that early to get the injection done before J leaves for work and take my other morning meds without food as they have to be taken without food.

At around 0900 hrs when I finally drag my dizzy head out of bed and attempt to stand without blacking out I make my way to the bathroom.  Mind you I've been going every hour any way but by 0900 hrs my back hurts so bad.  I had major back issues before I got pregnant.

Breakfast has been consisting of 8 to 10 ounce of V8 Fusion juice and either a Zone Perfect bar or granola bar of which has so far the past two mornings been staying down.  Just a lot of belching after.

Lunch time meal is usually an organic frozen dinner that I pop into the oven for 35-50 minutes to bake.  I've been staying clear of the microwave.

Later in the day I'll have various protein snacks, some dairy or veggies.  Peanuts or peanut butter just makes me vomit.  I'm afraid to open the jar of almond butter I have on hand for fear of it doing similar.

I've been skipping dinner as the nausea usually gets too bad around 1700 hrs.  J ends up eating a meals I've directed him on how to cook while I work on a jigsaw puzzle at the dining room table.  Sometimes I need to leave the room if something is too pungent.  Last week the smell of the  Lemongrass chicken organic frozen meal I cooked for myself was too overwhelming.  J loved it.  I couldn't eat it.

At this point it seems to be rice and crackers with a bit of fruit.  I lost half a pound this week.  We'll see what the OB says on Friday.  Fingers crossed we can get some zofran because the pepcid AC I have to take to replace the prilosec I used to have prescribed is not enough.  GERD and an ulcer suck when pregnant.

Oh and I never said I wouldn't complain about being ill during my pregnancy.  While I am very thankful I am pregnant I could do without the morning sickness that is  making my other issues worse.


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope they are able to give you the meds you need. Sounds terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to take Miralx twice a day for a week because of how bad things got, per my OB's nurse. I usually get more nauseous and crappy feeling as the night wears on too. I think things started to ease up a little once the Miralx actually started working, but it's still hit/miss for how I'm feeling.

    I hope you get to feeling better soon! I know it's rough.

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.