Friday, December 20, 2013

Happy Yule

I celebrate the blessings of the season.  J and I handfasted 10 years ago on Yule and will be celebrating together tomorrow.

Now for those you that don't want to see an ultrasound photo then I suggest you not read any further.

Much to my delight I'm still pregnant.  With the cramping and spotting I've had I did begin to wonder.  Though the progesterone does work wonders to stave off bleeding I'm very frightened that I'll lose this pregnancy.

In a few weeks I'll be further along in pregnancy than I ever have before.  I'm scared.  I'm happy.  But I'm very afraid that I'll be smitted for being happy and lose the baby.

J tried to take some photos of the ultrasound.  I got the old machine today.  How old?  Well it is so old that it doesn't list CRL or the Yolk sac or anything else pertaining to gestational age or heart beat on the machine's screen.   So yes, that old.  Now if only the Army budget could include some much needed money for medical we'd be all set.  Maybe some forget but not all soldiers are male.  I saw quite a few pregnant females in uniform today.

Oh and don't get me started on the condition of the treatment rooms.  Small, dirty, and I think the newest item in there was the table.  I could see via the permanent stains on the floor where the old table sat.  The fabric on the seats were badly stained too.

Well to the point of the post.  Look away now if it hurts to see a pregnancy photo because I'm going to post a photo and details.




Heart beat was on track at 158 for the gestational age of 8 weeks and 4 days.  Next ultrasound will in all likelihood be in late January when I meet my new OB team.  J could see a lot more than I could while the OB was doing the transuterine ultrasound. Yes, I finally made it to a transuterine ultrasound that wasn't looking for cysts.  Milestone there!  The OB did notice, without us telling him, that I have a cyst on my left ovary.  I told him the RE office knows it is there and it is a sac of scar tissue.

J saw that that baby is facing my right hip right now.  I guess he also got to see it waving its limbs.  Wish I could have seen that one.  Maybe next ultrasound.

J won't get to see the next ultrasound because he'll be deployed but I can always get a picture for him.

Oh I was prescribe a stool softener but I already had that particular one on hand so I didn't pick it up at the pharmacy.  However I did pick up the phenergan as that might come in handy.  I'm allowed to take Tylenol for the ligament, pelvic and back pain.  J asked me if I had another question for the doctor.  I couldn't think of any.  I swear he was turning red with embarrassment.  Then I realized.  Oh yes, "doctor are we now allowed to have sex?".  Yes was the OB's answer to J's relief.  Poor man gets so embarrassed.  I'm just absentminded and seeing the ultrasound of the baby blanked my mind.  I did tell my husband that sex will depend on my pain level and puking.  He understands.  I do miss the closeness that sex brings since we didn't get the fun of conceiving this baby with the "normal" fun most couples get.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Yule!

    It's so amazing to see the ultrasound pics - it must be so reassuring. It will be a relief, I'm sure, once you get through the first trimester. I know it's hard to be too excited because there's always that elephant in the room. But, hope is a good thing, and I hope everything goes very smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing the pic with us. I'm not in the military, so I was stunned by your description of the room and equipment. I figured everything was top notch. Silly me:-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyous Yule indeed! Great news about the scan, and a great photo :) Continuing to send positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics. I'm so happy things are running on track. I really hope this for you. I really hope you are getting to enjoy much of this too. Hope wishes and prayers till next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow congrats and happy for you that your pregnancy is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from ICLW! Congrats on your little one! I am so glad to hear everything is going great! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you have a lot to celebrate this Christmas! Enjoy and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from ICLW! Such exciting news. I hope that with every positive appointment, you're anxiety gets lower and lower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm glad to read that all is well and that everything is on track. Enjoy this special holiday season with that little one growing inside!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.