Monday, August 18, 2014

So Not Doing That DRUG

I'm sorry to say but I'm quitting.  Screw breastfeeding; oh wait baby girl can't breast feed on my nipples anyway.  What I'm actually saying screw it to is the milking.  I'm so not taking domperidone.

Nope not doing it.  I value what little health I have left.  I have IBD and I can only imagine what it would do to my bowels.

I get migraines...I don't want to be in such pain I can't even care for my kid.

Many of you know that I don't respond well to hormones and most drugs with side effects that can be bad; well somehow I end up really sick from them.  I can't even use band-aids without either breaking out or blistering from the adhesive.  Sometimes I even lose layers of skin from the adhesives they use in the hospital to cover the iv lines.  Yeah I have two scars from the adhesives they used on me during the week in the hospital last month.

I'm done.  I'm going to bring back the pump rental this week.  I'm not going to ask my doctor for the pills either.

I have heart issues, blood pressure issues, migraines, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease (back and neck),  herniated disc in the back and neck, and the list goes on.  Yeah don't need any more issues especially since J is due to deploy here shortly for unknown period of time.  I need to be healthy for my baby girl.  She is doing just fine on formula.

My pump rental is only month-to-month and that first month is expiring in a few days.  I'll be returning my pump this week.

I have a manual pump of which I can use to express my milk IF I FEEL up to continuing to express the milk.

I have had no extra milk production from the fenugreek capsules, the lactation cookies or the milkmaid tea.  So I won't be purchasing more of these.  Why waste my money?

5 comments:

  1. Yup I agree, time to move on, stop stressing over it and enjoy that little girl of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be sorry! It doesn't work for everyone and you really tried your best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with moving on and using formula and letting go of BFing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any way that you successfully feed your baby (whether it's breast or formula) means you are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel one ounce of guilt over this!
    I got shingles when my son was 6 weeks old. I wasn't allowed to give him my breast milk because of the drugs used to treat shingles. I couldn't even touch him or his clothes for that matter. He became a formula baby and he's perfectly healthy and happy and clever.

    We deal with what life gives us, the best way we know how.

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.