Monday, September 8, 2014

Bottling It Up

Yesterday a gal that I know from my time in the hospital was offering 6 Dr. Brown bottles to whomever responded first.  Her child didn't like the bottles.  Mine loves those bottles.  I messaged her and offered her 6 Avent bottles and the Comotomo bottle that Little E detests.  We exchanged the bottles and I couldn't be happier.

I'm still using stage 1 nipples on the bottles.  I have plenty of stage 2 and 3 but am unsure of when to switch them out.  Any input folks?

Today J went back to work.  This is my first day alone with Little E in almost a month.  Last month he had to go in to work for a few days.  I don't mind it so far today but I can see it is going to be a fun day inside instead of outside.  I would have loved to have taken her out in the stroller this morning while it was still cool but it was raining.  It gets so darn hot here in Georgia that taking the baby out during the day really isn't much of an option until late Autumn.

I'm bottling up some anger.  I just found out that J won't be gone for only a month.  It could now be three months.  How the hell am I do get the baby christened without him?  We had hoped to take her up for Columbus Day Weekend.  That had to be changed to Thanksgiving and now to Christmas.  I'm not liking the idea of traveling three days journey up and three days journey back in the snow season with a cat and a baby in the SUV.  Sure the SUV is safe but it is still going to suck with the other drivers out there and their bad driving skills in the snow.

I'm trying to bottle up the anger I'm feeling at myself for being bloated.  I've gained back almost 12 pounds in water.  The internal medicine physician forgot to put in the script for the lasix last week.  He agreed to put it in the computer system because my legs are badly swollen.

Next week I have four doctor appointments one of which is the dentist but the dentist is a doctor too.  I'll be seeing the oncologist next week.  Now the fun really begins.

2 comments:

  1. I waited to give my daughter Level 2 nipples until I was almost done breastfeeding. Babies can start preferring the nipples/bottle to the breast because of the faster flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he doesn't have to be away for that long!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.