Thursday, July 26, 2012

Soup From Scratch

Last night I started to gather up all the ingredients I needed to make a batch of Chinese Sweet Corn Soup only to find out that I was missing one ingredient; creamed corn.  Oh joy!  I had on had a package of frozen corn.

Being resourceful I found a recipe to make my own creamed corn.  I have to say it got the approval from my spouse in the taste department and I had to surrender the last of the pot and scrapings for his own cleaning with fingers and spoon.  I have to admit I've never tasted such good creamed corn before.

The recipe calls for chicken stock, creamed corn, crab, organic free range egg whites, white wine, corn starch, salt, pepper, sugar and rice.  Well the rice doesn't go into the soup but the soup does get poured over the rice.  Today I'll make the main body of the soup up including the stock as I had only 4 of the 6 cups of it on hand.  Chicken stock is relatively easy to make but can be quite time consuming.  Thankfully I can cut back on the hard labour with my rice cooker.  I detest having to watch the rice pot to prevent it from bubbling over.

Oh last night I splurged with a day away from the MREs.  I had three slices of pizza and lost 1.2 pounds overnight.  I guess I need to shake up my diet more often.  I've heard of muscle confusion so I'll call it stomach confusion.

If any one wants the recipe let me know.  It can easily be modified for those following the Endo Diet.

P.S. Tomorrow is my special day.  Tomorrow I get my cake too!

2 comments:

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.