Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Blessed or Depressed
Maybe I did too much yesterday. I know I went to bed in pain from the ultrasound and walk home from the hospital.
Today I'm doing housework.
Maybe the pain is making me depressed? If so its time to count my blessings once again.
1) I have a house. Its rented but I have a house. Not an apartment. I don't share walls with another tenant and I have a yard in which I can grow plants.
2) I have a husband that loves me. He may be selfish and immature but he does love me. He won't cheat on me.....I hope.
3) I have food to eat, even if I'm too tired to prepare said food today.
4) I have free time each and every day to complain whereas others do not. I'm not working myself to death.
5) I'm childless. WHAT! Is that truly a blessing? Well some days when I'm sick it is. When I want to just up and go somewhere I don't have to figure out travel with a child. I'd like to have that particular challenge some day. Unlike traveling with a pet, children are accepted at motel chains without having to pay an extra fee for possible damage. Though I swear I've met some kids that should have pet deposits imposed on them as well.
6) I'm pet free. I can pick up and go when I want, where I want. Well sort of. I have my bad fibromyalgia/endometriosis/meniere's days....oh heck you all know I have a lot of medical conditions by now.
7) I have my health. Not joking. I do have my health. I'm not on death's door step though I feel like it today.
8) I have money in the bank though the interest rates are so low these days I might as well stuff it in a mattress.
9) My debts are all paid off. Except for the usual utility bills that come in every month along with the cable bill.
10) I have a choice. I have a plan. Its a blessing to know that I have still have options in my geriatric fertility years. If all goes well I'll be pregnant by early next year. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket as they won't be my eggs will they?
11) I have friends. They may come and go but I have my friendships.
So with all of the above said, sorry if it seems like I'm still a tad blue, but I'm just worn out. I can't get out of my own way today. Now if only I could find a gluten free, tasty, soy-free Chinese place that delivered I'd be set today.