Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Two Hearts; not always better than one
0845 hrs J drops me off at Madigan so I can get my blood work done then go to my appointment at the RE clinic at 1040 hrs.
Lab runs me through quickly which was rather surprising. At 0915 hrs I'm at the clinic. I tell the receptionist that I know I'm early but I'll wait since I had to get blood work. She puts my folder up on the top of the desk. I get called in next. Okay so much for waiting.
At this point it doesn't matter about the blood work. I know I'm not pregnant and I know with the pain, diarrhea, and nausea I've been getting things aren't good. In comes Dr. B. In goes the probe. Up on the screen he marks where I'm shedding my uterine lining and mentions that I've probably got a few more days to go with that. I knew that too.
Now for the bad stuff. Yup the cyst is still there. Its not smaller. Still same dimensions just a different shape. Its shaped like a heart. A 5 CM HEART!!!
So no letrozole for me.
No pass go and collect extra follicles this cycle.
Sex only with extra caution and no deep penetration because we might just twist the ovary. I'm not winning folks.
The only good thing that Dr.B. said was that I'm ovulating on my own. He said that unfortunately I'm not producing quality eggs. This I knew.
Again I chat with him about the Donor Egg Program in Seattle. J isn't with me, he is at work. I'm waiting on his re-enlistment when his profile has expired. That is if they'll let him re-enlist. Talk about stress.
I walked home from the hospital. Its less than a mile and I can use the exercise. I've only lost a pound this week.
Yes, we are done with my DNA unless a miracle occurs.
We are done trying totally unless he can re-enlist.
We can't do donor eggs until we get my cyst issue under control. That means birth control, most likely, once it is resolved. We need to prevent further estrogen producing cysts which would muck up a donor egg cycle.
I have to say I'm disappointed with the cyst still being there but I knew it was there from the symptoms I've been getting. However, I am excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up that we can move on to donor eggs. I want to do donor eggs. I'd rather eliminate the possibility of passing on some genetics that are mine that could be bad (IE: endometriosis, fibromyalgia, heart disease, diabetes on both sides of my family) and go with the "rock star" eggs.
Keep me in your thought and prayers if you would. Next RE appointment is slated for 4 September. We'll see what the next scan shows in a month.