Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 3 of Bed Rest

I'm so sick of just relaxing.  I wish I could curl up with my books but no curling my legs inward towards my pelvis just hurts.  So I sit in my recliner with my legs out straight waiting for my butt to go numb.  I have to get up every 30 minutes to pee because I'm trying to push out as much bloat as possible.  Its not working!  I gained 1.4 pounds over night!!!

Now for the rest of the lab results:

The HGB A1C level was 4.8 which Nurse J said was normal...yay I don't have sugar issues.  I'm not sure what 4.8 means as of yet but I'll look it up later.  Okay looked it up now 4-5.9 % is normal so even with eating a lot of sugary crap the night before the test, hey I didn't know I was going to be tested, I'm still perfectly fine.  Not a diabetic.

The progesterone was only 2.  WTF!  I know I ovulated as the corpus luteum cyst showed just that very thing.  Does this mean that I'm revving up for another ovulation again?  Or does this mean that my progesterone level just bottomed out?  Nurse J said that it means I didn't ovulate.  Okay maybe she should read my chart next time and see that I did ovulate since its in the doctor's notes.  We know I don't like Nurse J.

As for the ovary pain well this morning it felt like someone was pushing down and inward on my iliac wings and pressing upward on the lower lumbar.  Kind of like folding me in half like a piece of cardboard feeling.  Not at all pleasant.  In 1.5 hours I can take my next pain pill.  Sitting here at the desktop even for just a short period of time hurts.  I feel like such a wuss until I realize again just how big my cysts are:  TENNIS BALL size.  I'm thinking that they probably grew a bit last night.  Come Thursday when the pain meds run out if I'm still in pain I'm going to call the RE office and beg for another ultrasound to see just how much bigger they got.


6 comments:

  1. Sorry you are in so much pain! Be sure to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you hate having to keep still, but think of the alternative. About 16 years ago I ended up having surgery to remove a 17 cm. cyst. The fallopian tube and ovary had twisted, and developed gangrene (sp?). The doctor told me one more day of being poisoned like that, I could have died. Thankfully I had given permission to do whatever was necessary while he was inside and I didn't have to be woken up to approve another procedure. I pray for your healing and relief from pain. Please take it wasy and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holy frijoles Tracy that is huge. I'm glad you had that taken care of. So what is new with you and the family? Haven't had a chance to chat with you in a while, especially in person.

      Delete
  3. (*hugs*) Still thinking of you. I really hope this goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that its going to take a couple of cycles though I'm hoping it doesn't take but a week. Last time I had one rupture two more grew in its place on the other ovary and I had to wait five months before ttc.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.