Sunday, July 28, 2013

Birthday Photos

Yesterday I had a party with three couples over, the fourth one didn't make it but that was fine too as they had a good excuse.  J and I had a wonderful day together going to yard sales where I purchased a six foot step ladder.  No longer will I have to stand on a chair and stretch up further to put up the paper chains each Christmas season.  I couldn't resist the $7 price for the fiberglass ladder.  We also purchased several dvds for 50 cents to $3.00 at the top end for a boxed set of TNG season 7.

Now to stop boring all of you with only words.  Here are the pictures of the cake and my friends.
A Tardis cake unfortunately didn't stay together all that well when trying to remove it from the box.



We served cake, two types of cheese, crackers, munchies (doritos, sun chips, pretzels, and cheetos mix), ridged chips and french onion dip for food.  The drinks were margaritas, Riesling, and raspberry honey wine.




The blue tongue effect from the Tardis cake.  Adult humor ensued with Smurf jokes that I'm sure most of you can imagine.  Assuredly the alcohol intake made the comments quite ribald.
Finishing off the night on the patio with a naughty bedtime story that I had one gal read aloud from a book, more eating, alcohol and of course toasting marshmallows.

J bought me a sterling silver charm bracelet with two charms, Fifty Shades of Grey, and the final Harry Potter movie.

I had a wonderful time and couldn't have asked for a better day spent with my husband and good friends.  To my friends that are reading this that were there last night...THANK YOU!


15 comments:

  1. well... it's a wibbly, wobbly, mid transition TARDIS, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love that you had a TARDIS cake! Glad you had a great time celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool cake :) Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we aren't trying to conceive J and I have so much fun together.

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a lot of fun. :)

    Happy Birthday (a little late)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Love the Tardis cake (as well as the blue tongues).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have a wonderful time! Raspberry honey wine sounds basically amazing!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.