Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Shit and a Shower

Well well it never ends.  The complaining about my housing of course.  I had an appointment scheduled for 1300 hrs today for the bathroom flooring.  Guess who knocked on my door at 0900 hrs?

Yup!  You probably guess it right.  The flooring people.  I was still in my shortie pj's with my mouth guard in place.  I didn't get to be until 0130 and was up at 0424 with J then back down for some much needed sleep. 

Yesterday I had to call Equity up and let them know that 1530 hrs no one had yet to come by and finish ripping up the old wet flooring.  I started doing it myself.  I got the old rubber base-boarding up and said screw it they can do the rest of the smelly, wet work themselves.


Yup that is black mold under the tile flooring.  I was dead on with with my diagnosis when I told them it was there.  They sprayed X-14 without warning me, I'm an asthmatic, and I had to leave the house quickly so I could breathe.

The idiot tech they sent out tried to put the soggy flooring in my guest room.  I said NO!  Outside with that mess!

So this morning I can now take a shit and a shower at the same time.




Lovely how they dumped the new flooring into the tub then put the toilet on top of it to let the water flow all over it.  Didn't I just get rid of wet flooring?  Hoping they realize their mistake and decide dry flooring is a better idea.

Tomorrow the master bedroom is being torn up.  Tonight I get to move more furniture.  I moved all but the  two dressers away from the walls.  I'll probably push my bed more towards the center too and take down the drapes in the morning.


23 comments:

  1. Wow these people really are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I'm really annoyed. I can only imagine how tomorrow will go with the bedroom repairs.

      Delete
  2. UGH!!! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with these people. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping that today when they do the bedroom the work will go more smoothly.

      Delete
  3. Do you live in military housing? This is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I live in military housing.

      Delete
    2. So sorry you are dealing with this! My OCD/controlling self would be losing my mind!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! They lack total common sense! What is wrong with them?! Geeze, hoping they get you some dry flooring in there without compounding the issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After they got the new flooring in place I had to mop it from all their dirt marks and they were wearing shoe covers too!

      Delete
  5. ouch... That does not look good! Hopefully they get rid of all the mold. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubtful they'll get rid of all the mold as I know it has gone into the walls by now, not like they care.

      Delete
  6. What a mess! And what is up with wanting to put the flooring in your guest room?!? Yikes! Sounds like they need to be watched every step of the way just to keep your stuff intact. Good luck!!

    Happy ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That man wasn't the brightest crayon in the box

      Delete
  7. Stopping by for iclw. what a mess! i hate this kind of projects. i hope it all gets fixed up properly for u soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. construction is never easy.... hang in there, the results will be worth the struggle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I could have done a better job myself. Growing up we were always doing floors, wall paper, dry wall, and house painting as my folks were always doing some summer project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should move and THEY should pay for it!

    Good luck with all this

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.