Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Salad Juice

Yesterday I managed to find the time to make one juice in my busy day.  One would think that I have all the time in the world since I work from home and am an Army Wife. 

My life if far from being like the tv show folks.  Yesterday I needed to mail out a package from my online shop, water the lawn, field phone calls from both of my parents who are in separate nursing homes right now, phone call from husband, phone call from cousin, phone call to oldest and dearest friend that has been so busy I've been missing her by minutes each time I call her and that three hour time difference does cause trouble, finally the laundry on my long list of how busy I was yesterday.

So I juiced a salad.  Well J thought it tasted like a salad.

One large English Cucumber
4 Roma tomatoes
2 stalks of celery
1 peeled lime (I froze the rind for future use in say a cheesecake!)


It made enough for 3 large glasses of juice and one small glass.  I was going to save the pulp from the juicing yesterday but I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a casserole with it soon or not so I disposed of it.

Today I think I'll juice some fruits and maybe a few carrots too.  We'll see.

With yesterday's temps reaching almost 100 F it was a nice way to cool off with a nutritious drink.  I swear all it was missing was the alcohol and I could have had a freshly made bloody mary, just not as pulpy.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the tomatoes yet...

    I also have no clue what to do with the pulp. I use so many different things in a juice that I can't imagine eating all that different pulp in a bread or something..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you puree the pulp further to remove the large lumps you could make a nice soup base or pasta sauce.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow thats definitely interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I juiced kale, fennel, celery, and cucumber.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. yesterday I juiced carrot, ginger, and apple. that was really yummy!

      Delete
  4. Ha ha sounds good! Actually I think I would have to add some fruit in there... :)

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.