Tuesday, July 23, 2013

If I Were To Live Child-free

My list of what I'd be doing if I were to live child-free:
  1. Go skydiving.  My dad used to be a paratrooper in the Army and I've always wanted to try sky diving or parachuting out of a perfectly good plane.
  2. Parasailing
  3. Put money away for retirement.
  4. Take exotic vacations
  5. Have pets and not worry if my child will be allergic to cats or dogs.  J is allergic to cats and I'm allergic to dogs.  I'd just take allergy medicine.
  6. Actually go out and buy clothing and not worry about if I were to become pregnant and not have them fit soon.
  7. Make the second bedroom into a crafting room/office space/ with a pull-out for guests.
  8.  Eat what I want and not worry about certain foods being bad for pregnancy.
  9. Exercise as much as I want during those two weeks that I'm not supposed to do strenuous exercise.
  10. Get medical care like medicines, x-rays and surgeries that are needed without having to worry about if I might be pregnant!
So that is my list.  All the things I planned on doing when I was done having kids and hit this age.  I'll be turning 44 in a few days.

22 comments:

  1. I love this! And, honestly, think you should start tackling all of these regardless of what happens in the future. Screw the "shoulds and shouldn'ts." as life is just too short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 positives! Your life is going to be blessed either way!

    Just like our family should I never remarry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it - especially #1 and #2. Life is short and its so unfair putting life on hold!

    Happy Birthday in advance! I am a Leo too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to do 1 or 2 alone and I doubt my husband would want to go. Maybe I can get one of my new friends to do it with me.

      Delete
  4. I always wanted to go skydiving because of my dad being a paratrooper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list. I think there are certain things in it you can do when you are not cycling. Skydiving for example.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You only need 3 :)

    sleep

    money

    uninterrupted sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good list but I'd like to add in uninterrupted sleep too since mine is always interrupted.

      Delete
    2. Right! My dog interrupts my sleep more than my kids. She's worth it...but she must have a bladder the size of a peanut.

      Delete
  7. I agree I think you should start on your list now- why wait? Infertility takes too much from us already- do some things on your list and enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I just might start doing them sooner than later.

      Delete
  8. I had a list like this. And I have a list like this now that involves what our family will do if we are only ever able to have one child. It's so sad theat infertility has the power to change what we will do with our lives.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from ICLW. I really like your list for living child-free. I think it's so important to remember that no matter what it's possible to have a full, meaningful life. (Some days that's easier to believe than on others.) But having a definition (or list) of what that life could look like is a great first step. From looking at your IF history you have been through so much so I hope that things get better from here! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping that we are still able to have children.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.