Friday, May 10, 2013

Military Spouse Appreciation Day and FET Update

It is that time of year again.  Time to thank the military spouse for all that they do.  I'm sure that my readers know what I do, no need to thank me.  Instead I'm sending thanks out to all the other military spouses out there supporting their spouse in uniform.  Thank you for all YOU do!

My husband wrote me a really nice appreciation letter.  Every year I mention that I'd like one and usually he forgets.  This year he remembered.  I'm over the moon with happiness.  I love letters from my spouse.  Yes, gifts are nice but a letter is something that survives and keeps its meaning in place while jewelry is often forgotten why it was given.

I know that you my dear readers are probably waiting for an update on the embryo transfer.  So here goes.

J and I checked in at PNW in Seattle at 1330 hrs.  I emptied my bladder figuring I still had one more hour before I had to take my Valium and start drinking my water.  Wrong.  It wasn't long after I emptied my bladder that one of the nurses decided to grab me for the procedure!

The ultrasound tech checked my bladder and it was still fairly full.  She said it would just fine considering my uterus being retroverted by the time of the transfer and that I'd probably get out of there early.  1530 hours arrives.  Nope didn't get out early.  But that was okay too.

The photo given to us of the embryos showed they had already started hatching.  Both were now 5AA and by the time they were shown on screen for transfer they were mostly out of their shells!

Mutt and Jeff


Little bit of spotting last night.  Bit of cramping this morning.  Bloated feeling and 1.2 lb weight gain.  I attribute that to eating out at a steakhouse last night.  I figured I needed the extra protein and low carbs.  Too bad eating out I can't tell them to hold all the salt.

You can bet I'll starting POAS next week.  My first Beta is scheduled for the 20th with a hopeful follow up on the 22nd.

The doctor is concerned that if I do the hpts I'll get a false negative.  Can you believe he thinks that?  Seriously.  They already know this is going to work and have more faith in the process than I do.  I guess that is because I have had so many failed attempts.

Hoping all goes well and I do finally get a healthy pregnancy.

16 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

    Thank you for all you do! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day! And very happy to hear the good news about the FET. Fingers crossed for great news on the 20th!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping I get good news to share with all of you.

      Delete
    2. Great news about the embryos and the transfer! Hoping for you!

      That is so nice he wrote you a letter this year :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you got awesome looking embyroys. Got my fingers and toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this doesn't work I'm done. We might move on to adoption next PCS.

      Delete
  4. Two hatching 5-day blasts - sounds absolutely wonderful! All the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful embryos! And with them hatching already I'd say you have a wonderful chance. (knock on wood and all that :) Enjoy being PUPO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS And Happy Spouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeee!!! Lots of luck!!! Can't wait to see your update!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHH! This is so exciting! Stick little babies! And THANK YOU for YOUR service. I was a military spouse at one point and I know what it entails! :) So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rooting for you! Those embabies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those embabies look GREAT! Already hatching is a good thing, too. Can't wait to see those pee stick results... maybe you can start another wave of BFPs in the community. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blasts! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.