Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sight-seeing Saturday

After some much needed couple time this morning J and I went out to breakfast.  I'm not one for a greasy spoon type place most mornings on the road but today I went for it and wasn't disappointed.

First stop after breakfast was the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge.

We were one of the few today that got a chance to see the Blue Heron.  I've seen blue herons in NYS on Lake Champlain but none out here until today.
Talk about getting your ducks in a row.  There were actually three mating pairs out in the area today with the hens being the only talkative ones.
Hard to see but there is actually a short-shinned hawk in that tree.  Hint..look for the mossy branches.

Interesting tree stump.
More ducks trolling the waters for food.

Tomorrow I'll see about posting the other part of our sight-seeing journey.  For now I think this is enough photos the majority of which were taken by my husband.
















4 comments:

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.