Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm A Food Addict

from the http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_gallery_view/showstopping_entrees/

I love food.  Not just any food, but good food.  I'm not the fast food type of eater.  I like to eat food that takes time to prepare, that has flavor and is something that I could create at home for my own family.  I'm what some folks would refer to as a foodie.  So be it.

I have a lot of recipes passed down from the family.  I have plenty of resources on the web in which to turn to when I can't think of what I want to make for dinner on any given night.  I try to keep a well stocked freezer and pantry so that I don't have to run out for say; onions, milk, or garlic.  I have an herb garden and I love cutting my own fresh herbs when I have need of them.  Tonight I'm going to cut some fresh rosemary for a particular dish I saw on television this past Friday.

I love to cook and since I have a problem with digesting tomatoes and tomato products I'm always looking for new recipes in which there is a good substitute.  With that said here is the link to the recipe I'm going to try out for the first time tonight, Cauliflower Sauce with Whole Wheat Penne Pasta.

I love to watch Paula Deen, Martha Stewart, and Rachael Ray do there thing on television.  I don't often get the chance to watch those television programs as I'm not that into television but I can see what they've got cooking on the internet as well as the television.

Cooking at home is not only satisfying but it saves money and ensures that your family is eating healthier foods.  Have you ever noticed that fast food french fries don't biodegrade even days after some kid has dropped them to the floor in your friend's car?  I hate to think of just how hard that is on my stomach.

Being an Army Wife there are times when I just have no choice but to eat food on the run.  We do have the tendency to move every three years so that means traveling and eating out on a very tight budget.  I think, can't remember for sure, that they give the soldier about ten dollars a day for per diem food while traveling.  I want to see someone eat three healthy meals a day, while traveling, for only ten dollars!  Its not going to happen.  Next time we travel I think we are going to fill up a cooler with bread, condiments, cheeses and cold cuts to supplement the eating out.  Maybe even a few hard boiled eggs in the cooler wouldn't be such a bad idea.  I get so sick of fast food when we move, and I mean it makes me ill. 

When we travel we try to stop at places like Subway because we know we can get fresh low fat food choices.  I love deli food lunch when traveling.  My favorite sandwich is the fresh and fit turkey. 

For those of you that travel often what do you end up eating for the majority of your meals?  Is is healthy choices or fast food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.