Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fibromyalgia Course; Let There Be Hope


Hey something cool I just found in the weekly post newspaper yesterday, my installation is now offering a course on Fibromyalgia!  So this morning I called the Tricare  network line and signed up for the class.

Supposedly after signing up for the class and taking the one hour seminar my Primary Care Doctor will then coordinate my care with the Rheumatology clinic.  Well I'm not going to get my hopes too high, yes of course I am and I always do.  But for someone that suffers from chronic pain I think I would crawl the one mile to the lecture place just to hear what they have to say.

I have hope.  Nothing wrong with having some hope.

Maybe I'll finally start getting the care that I was supposed to have according to my EFMP paperwork.  I know I need the sleep study.  I'm really not sure what sleep is these days.  I go to bed after a warm bath and lie there hoping for the sandman to knock me out.  Right now I think my husband would rather take a mallet to my head and knock me out since I'm so restless I keep him sleep deprived.  No he would not hit me, but I do keep him awake.  I've thought about separate bedrooms or beds but who has the space in military housing or the money to purchase more furniture for temporary sleeping arrangements?  Seriously, I'm up every hour during his sleep schedule and I toss and turn and walk the hallways.  Of late this has become a routine for me and the warm baths aren't helping with my sleep factor.  The warm bath before bed was a temporary fix.  Now I need something more to help with the pain.

I have hope that if my care does become coordinated that I'll receive the massages, acupuncture, and physical therapy that really is necessary with this chronic condition.  I can't do the drug therapy, which does help some patients with Fibromyalgia, while trying to conceive a baby.  heck I can't take any pain drug stronger than acetaminophen.

Fingers crossed that I'll now get the program of care that I need so I can have a more days with a lesser degree of pain.

For those of you that don't believe Fibromyalgia is real, well I just hope you never have to learn first hand that it is indeed a real disease.

For more information on Fibromyalgia visit this website: http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.