Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hitting A Few Snags

This morning I again called the donor egg clinic.  They said they emailed me but I didn't receive it.  So I chatted with them on the phone.  The soonest I can be seen is 6 March.  After chatting with them the email that they sent yesterday finally showed up.  Too bad the late February appointment they were going to offer me is now gone.  Maybe tomorrow the email that they sent today will show up?

March doesn't leave us much time to get the whole process done considering that the Army is not wanting to do testing without having orders to do so first.  It doesn't mean it can't be done.  But it is going to be really close.

I can say today that after taking the FRER I am not pregnant.  I woke up to spotting too.  I won't be taking my afternoon dose of the Endometrin.  I figure let another cycle start and get things moving.  Of course I won't be starting on birth control pills until after my March 6th appointment.

That means that maybe, possibly, Lt.Col. B. might hear my plea and allow me to do a cycle on Femera.  I do have my doubts on that one though.  But I'm not against begging.

I did try to nudge my current clinic to allow some of the tests to get done ahead of the March meeting.  Yesterday I spoke face-to-face with the IVF/egg donor coordinator here at Madigan.  I like her.  But I don't like the system.  The system now in place means that I have to go to the meeting in March first before Tricare insurance will allow me to have the testing done.  However the coordinator is going to call the egg bank and see if they can fax her some paperwork now.  Not going to hold my breath on that one.  Red tape can be quite sticky.

If I am able to get some of the tests done ahead of time, such as the SIS, mammogram and the PAP,  I'll one step ahead of the game.  Problem is that Tricare doesn't let female patients that have normal Paps and mammograms have the testing done more often than every two years.  Big snag there.  I won't be at the two year mark until July.

Bigger snag, the military installation I am moving to does not have an infertility clinic.  However, I do plan ahead.  I just talked on the phone with another egg bank in the future state of my next move.  They are going to email more information. 

One way or another I'm going to get my family started.  I just hate hitting so many snags along the way.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the snags :( Hoping that things get sorted out and move more smoothly in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I have some forms that I can fill out sitting right next to me.

      Delete
  2. Maybe something will open up for you guys and give you a nice break. Sorry about this cycle :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donor eggs aren't even a sure thing. With my endometriosis it is still a gamble and I could end up not being a good candidate.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about all these issues? Which post are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing the best you can under the circumstances and things are moving along which is good, even if its at a slower pace than you would like. Its weird that TriCare only does a pap every two years, but perhaps you could pay out of pocket for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricare is cheap. There are many medical practices out there that refuse to even consider taking it.

      Delete
  5. Bleh, snags. Down with snags! I hope that you are able to iron things out in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to iron them out now. Communication between the clinics is the main issue, along with communication with insurance company.

      Delete
  6. So sorry that you have to deal with all these snags. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is meant to be it will all come together, I hope.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.