Thursday, January 17, 2013

RE Appointment

Today was a good day, well so far at least.

J got home from CQ and went to the doctor's office with me.  But before I get into that I need to tell my readers that J is going to be able to re-enlist.

Yes he has his job for another three years.  This afternoon he'll sign his new contract.  We already know where we are going.  We won't be staying here at JBLM, WA.  I won't reveal where we are going until we get orders stating when since those orders could chance as the Army has been known to delete order a week before a move.

 Lauren at http://notjustanarmywife.blogspot.com has inspired me to lose weight.  She is on the South Beach diet and well I decided after looking at my ever increasing waist line that I too should do something about the twenty pounds I gained from the fertility treatment.  So for the past two days I've been counting my calories.  I haven't really been sticking to a set calorie amount but I have lost weight.  I have lost 3.6 pounds in two days.  YAY me!

As some of you know that I've been getting positive OPKs for several days in a row.  I stopped testing after the fourth positive OPK. 

The ultrasound results today showed that I haven't ovulated yet.  But I will after the trigger shot given to me by Nurse S in the exam room.  It felt like a luxury to not have to give myself a shot.

Remember this is a totally unmedicated cycle until I got that trigger shot today.

Left ovary: 1 follicle measuring 13mm

Right ovary: 2 follicles measuring 21 and 17.5

UNMEDICATED!

Waiting on SRM to call me with the time for the IUI tomorrow.  I might just get knocked up this cycle.  Though that 13mm is too small.   I'll start the progesterone support on Monday.

We discussed with Lt.Col.B., so nice to have him back, doing donor eggs.  I'm to call on cycle day to set up the SIS.  He said that the latest studies done in Spain were this:
A person with endometriosis using donor eggs from a woman without endometriosis is most likely to have a good pregnancy.
A person without endometriosis but using donor eggs from a woman with endometriosis is most likely to miscarry.

Thus there is no evidence so far, unless the SIS says otherwise, that I'll need to be cleaned out since I'll be using donor eggs from a woman hopefully without endometriosis.

Even with our move away from the PNW we could still start the donor eggs asap and always do the FET later on down the road since J has family here.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind me visiting for such a good reason.  I have been keeping them in the loop.



20 comments:

  1. good to hear this was such a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way it could be better was if the RE said I was pregnant but I knew that wouldn't happen. LOL

      Delete
  2. Best wishes for this cycle! Sounds pretty promising. Three eggs are always better then one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad but I'm not even counting on this cycle to work am looking forward to donor eggs.

      Delete
  3. Glad it was a good day....congrats on the re-enlistment news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post photos after the ceremony next week.

      Delete
  4. Great news on re-elistment and go forward plan of DE. At least you are no longer in limbo and plan your future. Good luck this cycle:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just requested a password from the donor egg bank. So excited to see that the ones I favored before are still available.

      Delete
  5. A very good day! Congratulations on J's reenlistment AND the news about the follies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only hope that things continue to improve. 2012 was a pretty rough year.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the re-enlistment and the 3 follies! That's great! And keep going on that diet. We can do this together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on sticking with the diet. If I'm going to donor eggs I'd like to shed a few more pounds to make a pregnancy easier on my body.

      Delete
  7. That's great about the follicles and about re-enlistment! Hoping for more good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much to do before we move. Eek! I still need to make sleeve for the table leaves.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the reenlistment and crossing my fingers for you to be pregnant.

    I have nominated you for the Leibster award. http://eskimokisses4u.blogspot.com/2013/01/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fantastic news all around, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Your daughter is so cute. Are you going to blog more about her soon?

      Delete
  10. Yayyy, donor eggs!! So exciting (of course, you know as soon as you choose your donor and book the retrieval, you'll get knocked up). ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.