Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sausage Wild Mushroom & Egg Noodle Soup

Last night for dinner I got a bit adventurous with the first course.  I created a soup from scratch using what I had on hand for cooked meat in the fridge.

So here is my recipe and I hope someone will enjoy the taste as much as we did.

Sausage, Wild Mushroom and Egg Noodle Soup

Serves 3 (Lower sodium soup, only real sodium is in the sausage and 10mg in the noodles per serving)

1 Johnsonville Smoked Beef Sausage cooked, cut into half length-wise and sliced into pieces.

1.5 cups of German Spatzle Egg Noodles (I used the longer noodles but the short ones are fine too)
1/8 cup of Dried Wild Mushrooms cut into pieces
1 packet Zero Sodium Beef Broth
1/2 tsp tarragon
1 tsp Savory
dash of Mrs. Dash regular blend
1/4 tsp of thyme
pinch of ground cardamon
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
about two cups of water

Place all ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.  Turn down heat to medium and let it stay at a gentle boil for 17 to 20 minutes until the egg noodles are no longer too firm but more al-dente, not a soggy noodle.

Serve in bowls with a spoon and a fork if needed.

I enjoyed the impromptu soup that never had a recipe for it before.  Feel free to improve on this new recipe and let me know the results of your changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.