Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Love

Its a nice warm spring day here in western Washington State and I'm in love.  Okay so I've been in love for eight years with the same guy.  Yesterday marked our eight years together as a couple.  We met at a friends' wedding in Western NY.

So today my blog post is about Love, pure and simple.  I can actually say that I love my husband more than I did eight years ago.  When I met him it was lust at first sight.  He was wearing his cowboy hat and boots with a nice suit jacket and dress pants.  His smile lit up the sky.  I couldn't see his eyes behind the dark sunglasses he wore which made me want to remove his glasses to find out the color.  I wanted to touch him.  That was my first thought.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on him.

I let the eight year mark pass without mentioning it to him.  Its just a mile stone in our journey.  We have so very much to celebrate every year with the wedding anniversary, anniversary of our handfasting, birthdays, and holidays its okay to miss that particular day.  Being an Army Wife does mean that often we aren't together on our special days.  He had some of it off anyway due to the fact that he had a late night guard shift.  To be honest I even forgot until just this morning what yesterday was indeed.  See I admit to making mistakes.

My husband is such a big part of my life.  He should be too.  But I know that other people have marriages that aren't as wonderful as mine.  We consult one another on our major purchases and most of the small ones.  We make vacation plans together not apart.  We make time for one another as a couple.  I think its the reason why, even though the fertility drugs make me cranky, our marriage will endure.  We've made it through one isolation tour, one deployment, Basic Training, AIT and a whole lot of training exercises.    Being apart so often has made us cherish the times  we do have together.  Yes, we argue but its more discussions then yelling.

I can only hope that I will get the chance to spend my rocking chair years with my husband.  If the fates align we'll have that time to grow old and yell at the kids to stay off our lawn.  LOL

We might never have children of our own but we are okay with that fact.  We discuss it every month when I find out I'm not pregnant.  Children aren't everything.  If you have them then you are lucky.  I've known of quite a few parents that wish they never had children.  Children are a choice and no one said you had to have them or raise them.  Sorry for that rant.

J, if you read this particular blog today, know that I love you.  I'll always love you till the day that death separates us and if possible even in the beyond.

1 comment:

  1. So good to have someone special to love. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.