Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekend Plans

Well I'm going to do the near impossible and try to make some plans for this weekend.  We'll just see if they get to come to fruition or not when Monday rolls around.

Planning for the weekends isn't an easy fete when you are married to a military guy or gal.  It does mean that often your well planned ideas get put on the back burner.  But we aren't allowed to crab about it, especially to the chain of command.  They are just doing their job after all and we realized when we took this position as Military Spouse what we were for the most part getting ourselves into. 

If all goes well my spouse and I might get the chance to do a little shopping.  I'm saying little because I don't know for sure if they are going to get paid in April.  I think that they will as the last threatened shut down came and went and they still got paid.  I checked his LES and it seems as though he is still going to be paid, but its still best to err on the conservative side and be frugal for a while.  I do need to get J some coffee.  For him its a necessity so I'll be stopping by our commissary for that black gold beverage.

As for my other plans, well that depends on his schedule.  As of late his schedule has been rather erratic.   He has had no less than one staff duty and three guard duty shifts.  More are to come and I was just informed last night that the schedule has changed again.  The new schedule wasn't up yesterday to confirm his new duty roster but it will be soon or else they'll be getting called in to work with the changes in the schedules as they arise.

I'm just glad that the weekend is here.  It means that I get a bit more time with my spouse.  We are on a roll.  Its been a good week for us even though I turned out to be not pregnant.  I'm waiting for my return phone call to schedule my next ultrasound to get the next IUI.  The never ending chain of life must keep going and I want to do my part to keep our DNA in the chain.  But that isn't what this weekend is about.  This weekend is about bonding, finding time to do activities together and finding time to relax in our own pursuits.

Third load of laundry is now in the washer and I'm looking forward to a break from the housework for two days.  I'm going to put my feet up when I get the chance.  This new diet I started has really messed up my digestive system.  I have hypoglycemia and going without carbs isn't so good for me.  I don't like the dizzy spells, headaches, nausea and so on.  I've had to add back carbs into my diet.  Unfortunately its caused me to gain back 0.2 lbs of the 3 pounds I've lost.  Sure 0.2 lbs might not seem like a lot to you readers but to me its the happiness factor.  I like to see the numbers going down when I step on the scale not going up.

Well see how well this modified version of the Dukan Diet goes for me.  We'll see if I start losing some weight again or if I have to go back to day one and basically kill my digestive tract.  I wasn't meant to eat all this protein and its having the opposite effect that it said it would even without the bran.

I wish all of you a nice happy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the diet! I can relate on any ounce loss!!! I celebrate when I lose 1.8 pounds because that .8 makes a difference to me LOL. Have a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.