Monday, April 11, 2011

Out Of State Workers' Compensation Problems

Tomorrow I have to head over to my MTF (military treatment facility) to get a prescription allowing me to have physical therapy out of network.  I'd rather have it within the network as it would be so much easier to just do physical therapy on post.  Alas, I have to follow the rules of the New York State Workers' Compensation Board.  I have to go outside of my network because the military doctors do not want to send reports to my lawyer about my case.

Working with the PIN (Peoples Injury Network) here in Washington State I was informed that I need to have a prescription before being allowed to see a physical therapist out of my network.  My New York State lawyer informed me that I don't need that prescription.  Washington State laws are a bit more complicated than New York if I need a prescription first before treatment.  It doesn't matter that I have a special insurance card for my workers' compensation.  It doesn't matter that I've already been established in another state.  It is another state and the laws are different.

So tomorrow I have to waste a precious appointment slot to see my PCM (primary care manager) in order to get a blasted script for the workers' compensation.  Why am I even bothering?  Well I've not been paid in almost three years.  I'd like to get my weekly amount of $40.00 again.  Its not much but it does help pay for gas.  I'll also be paid mileage to and from doctor's and physical therapy sessions.  I might also be pain free for a few days if they do the physical therapy properly.  I have my doubts on being pain free.

Really I'd rather just be left alone.  I don't like going to see doctors.  Latest statistics have shown that 1 out of every 3 hospital visits something goes wrong.  I don't like those odds.  The less I have to be seen by the medical professionals the better for me.

I'm still in a great deal of pain from the ovarian cyst.  It hurts to sit, it hurts to lay down, it hurts to stand.  Nothing to be done.  The cyst is causing more back pain issues too.  I'm so not looking forward to that doctor's appointment tomorrow where I'll be poked and prodded.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.