Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Half and Half

I have some good news to share and some bad news.

  • First off the mammogram went well.  The tech said that I should not be surprised if I get called back again for more imaging but overall the imaging went well. 
  • I started bleeding while in the waiting room of the RE office.  Before the internal exam mind you.  Oh and it was CD 10 and I stopped bleeding 5 days before.
  • The SIS went well.  My uterus looks great.
  • I had bloody mucus on the cervix.  
  • I have a large follicle 2x3 cm on day 10 of my cycle.  Lots of pain on that side.  Pain when sitting and bending.
Aftermath.  I'm not going to go into all the bad I dealt with at my RE office but suffice it to say I don't have a high opinion of Capt. S.  She has zero compassion.

Conflicting information was given to me from her.  My husband was also upset with her.  I should probably follow up with an ICE report and I might just do that.   The woman needs to go back to medical school.

  • Today I got my call back from the IVF coordinator nurse.  She said that Capt. S.  feels as though my bleeding is not related to the endometriosis but because of my age.
  • My hormones are fluctuating because of my age and I am low in progesterone I was told. I was not offered hormonal support this cycle.  I was also told timed intercourse.  Can you believe they are just now admitting I have a hormone deficit issue?
  • I was told I can hot pack the painful area as that would increase blood flow.  I was told to not take NSAIDs as that would increase blood flow.  OKAY MAKE UP MY MIND!
Oh it just gets better but I'm not going to bore you all with details and I don't want to make my fingers bleed with all the typing I would have to do in the the telling of their stupidity.  There was a lot of contradicting assvice given out.  Such as Capt.S. feels as though I have a good chance to get pregnant this cycle but then tells me my eggs are too old.


10 comments:

  1. It sounds pretty awful so far, without all the details :( So sorry you had to deal with that crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it pales in comparison with the amount of pain I'm in that I'm not supposed to be in. Wondering if they did something wrong during the SIS because this f'ing hurts.

      Delete
  2. :( So sorry that you also had to deal with such a horrible doctor. I just don't understand why they have to act that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why either. Some military doctors are wonderful but for some reason this RE office has a share of bad ones. Wishing that the one that is only there once a week was there 5 days a week and that the other good one wasn't deployed.

      Delete
  3. HUH? WTF, it's making MY head hurt. I'm so sorry that you had to suffer their bull sh*t on top of everything else.

    And what the hell is it with the "You're hurting/bleeding because of your age" crap? I'm 42, and I'm sure my hormones are starting to fluctuate, but my periods are still regular and I'm not in pain! Your pain doesn't have to do with your age. For crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the f word is becoming my favorite word between gasping breaths today. omg trying to go pee, just getting into the squat position hurt like hell. something isn't right. it feels as bad as it did before i had surgery.

      Delete
  4. What the hell?! That makes no sense! GRRR all of this stuff isnt even happening to me and all I want to do is go in there and get postal on their backsides!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Sorry the appointment did not go well. Conflicting information is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh most definitely conflicting and very annoying too.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.