Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans' Day

Thank you to all the Veterans out there.  I hope that you are well remembered today and always for the sacrifices you so proudly gave so that we will enjoy our freedoms that we often take for granted.

Today we aren't going out to celebrate the day.  Its not because of the harsh winds and heavy rains expected later.  Its because of car problems.

J noticed that the Ford Escape has been leaving spots on the garage floor.  He cleaned up the mess this morning and got under the SUV.  The oil is leaking and spreading back under the vehicle.  With the second day into a 5 day pass of sorts we aren't going anywhere.  Nope.  This has to take priority.  This is our only vehicle and though its 8 years old it has to last a few more years.

So he is on his way to Firestone with the hopes that its only a few loose nuts here and there.  I have my doubts.  I'm afraid that we have crack in the pan.  I'm afraid its going to get costly.  But really we have no other option.

I guess its better to get this taken care of now than to have driven to the Cascade Mountains this weekend as we had originally hoped for only to have killed the engine from the oil leaking out.  So J is a bit bummed out.  He too wanted to get away for at least an afternoon.  I can't blame him, he does have a hard job.

He wanted to get lunch here before he left, but I know he loves Burger King and I really don't so I told him that since Firestone is right across from BK to go get lunch there.  That actually cheered him up a bit.  He still feels as though I'm kicking him out of the house but I'm not.  There isn't much to be done about the car here, we don't have all the tools that his dad has on hand in his garage, and I'm on the second load of laundry as I write this blog post so I'd bore him to death.  Best that he goes out to get it repaired and try to enjoy himself a bit while he still can with the weather changing so quickly to storm like activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.