Sunday, November 6, 2011
Reading Up On The Reason Why
I need to know why if only to figure out a way to help prevent another miscarriage. Maybe if we try again we can use a different protocol. Changing out medicines might make the difference or perhaps a change in dosage amounts.
These were my facts:
1) I have a BMI of 32. I need to lose more weight to sustain a healthy pregnancy.
2) I have hypertension. I need to find techniques within my means of lowering the blood pressure to help my medications work better. My cardiologist doubled my hypertension medicine before the start of the injections. I need to avoid stress. Well perhaps I should just divorce and forget IVF right? Nope not going to happen. My spouse and I love one another too much to let this end our marriage.
3) My age is 42. Nothing I can do about that detail.
4) I have fibromyalgia. I wonder if that is causing some of the issues with my fertility.
5) I have two small cysts on my thyroid gland. Though they aren't seeming to cause any major problems with my thyroid producing the hormone I do wonder if they still might of concern.
6) I have endometriosis. Again nothing I can personally do about that issue. Losing weight and exercising isn't going to make it go away though it might make the endo pain a bit less.
7) Not all my follicles were developing at the same rate. I lost out on several good sized follicles by doing what the doctor said and waiting several days for the other ones to develop. I went from four good ones to two and of the two one made it. So maybe different strength drugs or different meds are needed. I always have plenty of follicles on clomid.
Now what I found out is this: SHIT HAPPENS! Yes, just that. Sometimes even if thing are perfect, like my 8 celled embryo (JR) something can and will go wrong. No matter how much I want to lay the blame on someone else it happened. Sure the stress I was under probably didn't help the cause but what can I do about outside influences?
So I'm still reading and hoping to find a cause. Something that will pinpoint the problem area with an "ah-ha" moment of clarity. Something that can be fixed so it doesn't happen again. If you've got a clue, I'm all ears.