Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beef Braised in Port

No photo to show because it is still marinating in the port but tonight I am going to make for dinner a beef pot roast from Julia Child's cookbook.

Yay me!

I'm exhausted from having to walk to the hospital and back for my eye appointment yesterday.  Remember I have a sprained ankle and started my physical therapy for it this week.

J had better appreciate me doing his laundry and cooking for him tonight.  I'm doing my best since I'm ovulating to make it a very happy environment for him by not asking him to do overmuch that is taxing.  Okay so I'm wearing myself out to make sure everything is suitable for him.

Bad news for this week.  J can't go with me to the RE appointment on Friday.  He is too busy with work like the last two appointments.  Not much can be done about that.  However, I told him I need the car this time with the weather being rather off of late.  Yesterday on the way home the cold rain was a bit much for me to be walking in.

I guess it is a good thing that I have a general power of attorney.   I might just need that document to sign for his half on Friday if they think an IUI is just the trick for this cycle.  My opk this morning was rather dark but not so dark as I could say today was the day.  I'm hoping that my body holds out until at least day 11 as it will mean better quality eggs.

If I remember I'll take a photo of the roast tonight and post it tomorrow but I don't guarantee anything.  So I'll leave you with a photo of myself to gawk and laugh at.  Enjoy.

As you can see I'm hugging a Madrona tree.  I'm wearing lots of layers and its still cold with the wind.  Yes, I've been known to hug a few trees in my time.  Try it yourself some time and listen closely, you might just hear that living spirit in the tree.

















14 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a Madonna tree, but it is very pretty. I love the red color in it.

    Friday you are going to see the RE and see if you can do iui with this cycle? How will they determine if it is a good cycle to? Guess I am just used to having one scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by measuring the follicle/s they'll be able to tell if and when we should do an IUI. Unless of course I already ovulated by the time I get to the appointment.

      Delete
    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbutus_menziesii

      Madrona tree.

      Delete
  2. Love her cook book and the movie, you should watch it while cooking - it always puts me in a good mood, i fine if we are happy and we show that others want to join in, maybe J will feel the love you put into your food!
    Happy O!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le sigh...I don't have a copy of the movie nor a tv to watch it with in my kitchen. Kitchen is a small galley style with the microwave taking up the biggest counter space. They don't give us much space in the enlisted housing kitchens in which to cook but I make do all the same.

      Delete
  3. Oh I loved the movie and dinner sounds yum. Wish I could do a takeout :-)

    Nice pic...I don't think i have ever hugged a tree...think I will try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a group therapy session we actually took a bus to a park to hug trees. LOL

      Wish I could send you some of the dinner too.

      Delete
  4. I hope you will have a great appointment and will get green light for the IUI!
    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will have a great appointment and will get green light for the IUI!
    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing wrong with hugging trees :D I've been known to hug AND talk to them lol.

    I've been reading, but not commenting as much. My home computer won't let me comment on some blogs, but my laptop does, and I mostly use my home computer now... I should investigate the issue sometime here!

    Hoping for a later Ov for you this time! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too on the later ovulation. Thanks. I've had problems in the past with commenting. Thankfully I got rid of the captcha thing.

      Delete
  7. I love the picture! I also hope that you get the green light for your IUI.

    An ICLW Visit from #2
    liddy @ the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, life)

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.