Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cold Weather and Stiff Hands

I listed this 3 to 6 months size striped baby hat in my shop
I don't know about you but I think this hat is rather cute.  I'm gathering ideas, while making baby hats, of making myself a hat to wear using similar colors.  But then since I love so many colors I can't decide on which yarn to use.

But I do know that I need to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves.  With this little cold spell we have had I find that my body is aching more and more.  This morning I woke up to find that my left hand, knuckle region, was badly swollen and stiff. 

I could blame it on the fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome or even the very fact that I crochet a lot during the day causing inflammation of the joints.  So yes, fingerless gloves would probably be a good idea.  I might end up purchasing the orthotic ones that constrict the swelling in the hands sort of like an ACE bandage would do.

Today if I get the chance I'm headed out to a retail store to purchase more yarn.  I have 7 more baby hats that I'll be listing soon.  I've been keeping quite busy.  I have to have plenty put aside since I'll be going on a mini holiday later this month to San Juan, Roche Harbor, WA.  Not that far and just what we need for a few days.


Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my Canadian friends!

2 comments:

  1. Good Lord that hat is ADORABLE.

    I soooooo wish I could do things like that, maybe time to learn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be time to learn. If you have no clue on how to start try looking at YouTube for instructions.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.