Saturday, December 18, 2010

Episodic Vertigo With Leg Paralysis

I'm back and up to my normal routine as of this moment however I can't say the same for the wee hours of the morning.  It was rather scary for my spouse at 0100hrs.  I had to get up to relieve myself but my head was spinning so bad I needed him to go get my cane so I could walk.  I know I didn't eat too much sodium last night but it had to be an episode of Meniere's Disease.  I lay back down and my head swam like I was drunk.  I haven't had a drink in a few months, and I rarely drink.

He comes back to the bedroom with my cane.  He helps me up to a sitting position and I try to stand.  I failed there. My legs had gone numb.  Its happened before.  I have an injured back and if the sciatic nerve is being pinched my legs go numb.  I don't want a wheel chair or a walker.  I try not to use my cane.  I do use the handicapped parking spots when needed as it hurts to walk far.

Maybe I'm crazy for wanting to still have kids but just this past month I've seen a woman with a cane and a young child.  I also saw a woman with a a walker and a young child.  It inspired me to know that if they can do it so can I.

I know that I have enough friends locally that would be willing to help me out if I was out flat for a few hours.  For now my spouse is home with me to help.  My best bet is that I just did way too much yesterday and I paid for it later.  I want to live as normal of a life as anyone my age does and can.  Sometimes I forget that I am injured and can't do what other people do so I try to do the task and end up getting hurt.  I never forget about the constant pain I'm in but I don't let it get to me.  I'm still a cheerful person, well usually.  LOL

I have to remember, when the pain gets really bad, that there are plenty of others in the world that are suffering way more than me.  I'm lucky.  I have a support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.