Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ENT Appointment and Symptom Update

I had my ENT appointment this morning.  It went well enough.  Thankfully the two cysts on my thyroid are now one and smaller now.  I'll do another follow up in two to three years.  Until then unless my Vestibular Meniere's Disease becomes more problematic I don't need to see the ENT.  Yay!  J came with me to my appointment today and took a few notes since with my memory of late I forget to even unbuckle my seat-belt before trying to exit the SUV.

The doctor did tell me that even though my thyroid labs were normal that I would have to get them checked often during pregnancy because hormones fluctuate.  I sometimes forget that thyroid is a hormone.  Duh!

Last night I had a few episodes of balance issues.  My face almost met several walls while trying to get up to go to the bathroom.  Thanks hormones for messing with not only my bladder but now my balance centers.

So my 5dp 3dt symptoms are as follows:
  • Breasts are still tender
  • Urination frequency has increased
  • Weight loss has stopped
  • Pelvic pain has lightened up.  Uterus from palpation feels firms from above.  Could just be all that extra blood in there right now.
  • Tender (not real pain just odd like) Pelvic region when trying to bend over with belt pressed into it or when cabinets press into it when reaching.  You get the idea.
  • Mood swings are well...there
  • Fatigue continues
  • Odd dreams or rather nightmares...thanks PTSD
  • Forgetfulness
All of these symptoms can be attributed to either the Endometrin or my other medical issues.  I won't start my POAS until tomorrow.  I don't expect to see a second line tomorrow because I have only one embryo in there.  If I had two or more I might expect to see the second line that early but alas I have but one so no.

I do have 17 sticks so yes I could in theory use 3 a day until I do my beta on Monday.  Will I though?  I don't know.  We'll see just how paranoid I get in the next 24 hours.

Good luck to all those trying to get pregnant this cycle.  I hope all of us are lucky enough to get take home babies.

12 comments:

  1. Ok I am so freaking giddy like a school girl when it comes to fellow bloggers POAS. I could be a little weird, wait I am actually a little weird. I have my stock pile of pregnancy tests ready for our ivf. Hope these are all promising symptons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni. I'm staying hopeful though my blood pressure was up a bit last night and some this morning. White coat syndrome this morning which is normal for me. I have to keep the blood pressure under control if I want this pregnancy to stick.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the thyroid check went well. Always good to be told things look great.

    Fingers are still crossed! Hoping for good news very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to hear that the thyroid is better too. I know that it can really muck things up fertility-wise.

      Delete
  3. I didn't get a positive until 6dp5dt so don't get bummed if you don't see a positive right away. My first postive test was so faint that I had to squint and hold the stick at just the right angle! Fingers crossed for you and Hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually afraid to test. My pelvis is now feeling so much better this afternoon that I'm thinking I'll never get a positive.

      Delete
  4. Symptoms sound promising. :) Especially tenderness in the uterine region. I get those when I'm pregnant, but not just from the progesterone. I've got everything crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big baby. I'm just scared. I want this to work but I'm thinking things are just too good to be true.

      Delete
  5. Glad the thyroid looks good for now. I had to have my TSH levels rechecked periodically in pregnancy, I have mild hypothryroidism. We managed it with Synthroid, so it wasn't a huge deal. Hopefully it won't cause any issues for you.

    Good luck! Still hoping like crazy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had hypothyroidism twice and was on meds for it twice. Each time I've been borderline. Today my numbers when reviewed were actually decent. I've no clue what made them better.

      Delete
  6. OMG, I am with Toni -- I am so excited you are starting to POAS. Please keep us updated. Sending lots of luck your way. Great news on your ENT visit, you can put that behind you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still going to go POAS tomorrow, if I get the guts to do so. I don't think I'll see a line for a few days and I'm almost afraid I'll never see one. Its just because this is my last IVF that I'm so scared.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.