Friday, January 20, 2012

Latest Date With Wanda

There is no photo of today's date with Wanda.  Nope they just don't give out photos of the follicles.  But I do have some good news.

Remember me writing about the 5 antrals I had with the baseline E2 of less than 20?  Wednesday's E2 level was 1064 and I'm waiting for the blood work results on today's but I've got happiness in my veins today.

Looks like I'll be triggering this weekend.  My RE clinic is so nice to me that they are going to open up just for me tomorrow to do a special scan check.  Yup just for me.  Aren't I lucky?

But okay back to the really good news.  Including what was a cyst before of 20 mm I now have 9 follicles.  Yes, there were more hidden.

Unfortunately, as per usual with me, they are all developing at different rates.

Here are my numbers:

Uterine lining 9.1 mm

Right side: 19.5, 13, 16.5

Left side:  26, 27.5, 20,11.5, 15.5, 13.5.....we are guessing either the 27.5 or the 26 was the cyst.

So yes I could have gone with the trigger shot today and retrieved on Sunday but Dr. C. thinks that those really large ones probably won't make it.  Depending on today's lab report I'll either do my trigger tonight or take my stims for another night and take the trigger shot tomorrow.  J has CQ duty today so he is going to try to get home for the early morning appointment 0645 ish hrs.  CQ is a full 24 hours I'm hoping that they'll let him home to do the injections tonight because if I have to do the trigger, intramuscular shot, its not going to be pretty.  I can do the other shots myself if I have to.

Dr. C. is very hopeful that I will have more than one embryo this time; he's thinking 3 or 4 and just as perfect as the last one. I only had 2 mature eggs last time we did the IVF and one fertilized in the perfect non fragmented 8 cell we all hope for.  I really won't mind paying the cryopreservation fee as an add on expense if I actually have something to make it to that level.  So maybe I'll have 3 or 4 follicles which will give me mature eggs come retrieval.  Come on 11.5 become an 18!

So to celebrate, after the clinic closes for the day, I'm going to dye my hair.  I don't want to look like an old grey mare for the retrieval.

I'm so hopeful.  I'm excited. 

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Will be thinking of you this weekend. In the meantime, grow baby grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Continuing to send positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting. Do post your blood results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I will keep praying that everything goes smoothly and you get beautiful embryos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME! I will definitely be thinking of you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great news! I hope your hubby can come home to give you your trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all sounding like it's going really fabulously. Well done for getting through this and being so strong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all sounding like it's going really fabulously. Well done for getting through this and being so strong. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.