Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Daze

This is my neighborhood early this morning.  Yes it was just that blue outside from the morning light trying to peek through the snow clouds.  Its still snowing too but much brighter out.

Notice that the roads are not cleared?  According the the folks in ACU's over at Madigan all the roads on post have been cleared.  If that is so then someone forgot to plow my neighborhood.

I don't really mind.  I'm from upstate NY.  I grew up in snow country.  Its just the rest of the drivers around here that I'm not too sure about in these conditions. 

Personally I want to be outside building a snowman, not driving in it,   but J won't allow me to play. He's keeping me housebound.  He is being particularly over protective.  Its okay I understand.  If I catch a cold and get sick it will affect the out come of the IVF with my impaired immune system.  Me+Cold(fibromyalgia)=one sick lady.  I want to go get the mail but J knows that there is ice on the sidewalks under the snow and he doesn't want me doing that either.

Well I was going to go do what I wanted when he left for work today.  He got called in for a CQ shift that he wasn't supposed to have today.  He called me about 20 minutes ago from work and they again changed the roster, he'll be home shortly.  Though there is CQ duty always going the rest of work got cancelled today due to road conditions.

Funny we were able to drive on the roads this morning to get my blood work done at Madigan hospital.  We made it in safely there and back even plowing through snow drifts.  J loved hitting the gas to make the car slide sideways, not with traffic around of course.  I miss doing donuts on the ice myself.

So now I sit here in a daze, a wistful daze wanting to go play in the snow but I'm being treated like a kid with the flu.  So what am I to do?  I'll cajole and plead and beg on hands and knees if I have to for at least a snowball fight this afternoon.  I don't think I'll get him to budge because he has my health in mind.

Tomorrow when the clinics re-open on post I should have the results of my day 3 E2 levels to share with all of you.  I'm hoping for a number between 50 and 80.

Oh and on the bloat note, I've gained 0.6 pounds in two days from taking the stims.  Ugh!  It looks like I've gained 10 pounds my belly is sticking out so far.  Only one tiny bruise on my abdomen.

6 comments:

  1. That snow is so beautiful. It seems like we just get the nasty cold, windy weather. Looks like a great day to cuddle up in front of the fire.

    I open your clinic is open tomorrow and good luck on E2 levels rising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this crazy! I love it when it snows here: it's extra quiet, people slow down for a day or two and, finally, watching the drivers. Hills + people who aren't use to snow = lots of interesting moments. Anyway, hope you are having a good day. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can convince him to go for a peaceful walk...that turns into a snowball fight? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. best of luck on your levels rising..... tell your dh a little fun will do everyone some good!! if you feel fine you are fine. and you should enjoy your last few days of doing what u want
    :-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous! We are having an extremely mild winter. I miss the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan of snow - but I do hope you are able to get out and enjoy it for a little bit! Here's hoping to great E2 levels tomorrow!

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.