Monday, January 23, 2012

Egg Retrieval Today

I always said I have two left feet when it comes to trying to dance and turn right.  Well this time I put it on the socks and I decided to write Left backwards on the left sock.  Dr. C. got a chuckle out of them.

J was ushered off to collection right away and I was drugged up shortly after Dr.C. showed up.  Traffic in Seattle this morning was horrendous.   Even at 0615 hrs when we were driving through Seattle it was nuts.



This is the photo of the tops of my socks.  I put our first initials into the hearts and of course I put my "R" on the left one that I wrote left backwards on because I keep telling J that I'm more screwed up than he thinks.

Okay now a bit about my crappy morning.  I get to the clinic at 0700 hrs.  They tell me I'm way early.  I said no that I'm not as my appointment is for 0730 hrs and I was told to be there at 0700 hrs.  Think used car salesman attitude from the receptionist.  She is trying to persuade me that I'm wrong.  Nope not wrong I wrote it down.  Its really that they don't want to admit that they are running behind because my doctor is caught in traffic.  I hate when they lie to me.  My doctor even told me he was stuck in traffic.  I like my doctor.  He is honest.

This is me, caught with my eyes closed trying to get J to give me a kiss for the photo he is taking.  My beautiful hair net is falling off my bundled up hair.

As you can see I am smiling and I do have dimples.  Still not the best photo of me but I'm not wearing makeup either.

J has a big smile on his face but that is because the surgery is now done and we had good news.

9 follicles, 9 eggs.  Not sure how many are mature enough to fertilize but we got 9 eggs this time.  First IVF we had only 2 eggs out of the four or five follicles that were left after the other 3 ruptured on their own.

We have real hope.  Dr. C. will call me tomorrow with the news on how many made it.  I'm excited.  I'm hoping that at least 4 make it fertilization.

Before we left I had two shots of fentanyl and a heating pad before I was released.  The pain was worse this time and I was bleeding more, a lot more.  But right now I'm okay.  The bleeding has slowed down and the vicodin and an IHOP breakfast/lunch have taken the edge off. 

16 hours without food I was starved and I needed to take a pain pill.  I had a brunch type meal of chicken, biscuits, eggs and pancakes.  I pigged out.  So much for my under 2000 calories and under 1000 mg of sodium a day.  Well one day of splurging isn't likely to kill me.  But I have to say IHOP was wonderful about accommodating me with a booth that I didn't have to share a back with another table.  I wouldn't have been able to take some adult or child bouncing in their seat and vibrating my seat because of the bouncing.  So I tipped generously the waitress for being so darn nice.


16 comments:

  1. Yay on 9 and yay on your big, satisfying meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for 9! Fingers crossed for the fertilization report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a successful retrieval! Hoping for lots of fertilization! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 9! Hoping they're all mature and great quality! Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9 is great. Fingers crossed they are all dividing as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 9 eggs! I think IHOP is a fine reward for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IHOP just hit the spot today. And I'm hungry again too.

      Delete
  7. First of all I love your socks, how funny! Great number on your retrieval. Get some rest and keeping my fingers crossed for great fertilization!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! So excited for you :) 9 is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nine is fantastic!! So happy for you. The photo is great...you have cute dimples :-) And hey you deserved that IHOP meal. Do tell us what you hear back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great numbers! Fingers crossed for great fertilization rates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone. Really I do appreciate you gals supporting me this way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 9 is awesome!!! great job!! hoping you get amazing news tomorrow!! and hoping you start to feel bettersoon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome and amazing news! I wish you the best and hope all nine make it past fertilization. Go embabies Go!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.