Friday, January 13, 2012

Extra Extra

I found out just exactly what is going to change this time in my protocol.  Well I knew some of it before but not all of it until yesterday.

I will not be doing the PIO injections because J won't be around to give them to me.   I'll be doing the Endometrin suppositories.

I will be doing two shots daily of the micro dose Lupron.

I will be doing 525 of the Gonal-f this time instead of the 450 dose I did last IVF cycle.  This means an extra injection each night.  Since I put J in charge of this particular shot I don't think he is going to like knowing he'll have to give me extra.

So at my peak its going to be 5 injections daily.  Think I might take up a second job as a sieve.  I bet I could process water pretty quickly with all those puncture holes.  Yes, I know that won't happen but I will be all the more bruised this time around.

In other news, though Dr.C. said I won't have a bleed with a lining of only 4.2 mm; guess what he is wrong.  Maybe its just from all the poking around he did yesterday, it was pretty painful, but I'm bleeding like I'm having a period.  Maybe he just shook loose some of the endometriosis.  All I know is that I nearly crushed J's hand yesterday from the pain and the pain is pretty intense today as well.

10 comments:

  1. How much Menopour are you doing?
    I had really high stims too. First time was 450 Gonal and 150 Reporonex (similar to Menopur). The next time I did 300 Gonal and 300 Repronex --so basically 600 iu per day.
    Guess we old gals need an extra kick in the ovaries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the good news is no PIO! That's gotta be worth celebrating. Sorry for the news about the extra shots. Hopefully it will all be worth it, though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the pain. It sounds like you have a lot of things to keep up with, and I am wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 150 on the Menopur is what I'll be doing this cycle. I did the same amount last cycle.

    I did the first micro dose of Lupron this morning at just after 0700 hrs PST. Oh and I injected myself. Figured I would do the first shot myself like I did last cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch. I hope all the extra pokes are worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping the new protocol yields good results. So many positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of positive thoughts and vibes across the oceans to you! Hang in there. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of positive thoughts and vibes across the oceans to you! Hang in there. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of positive thoughts and vibes across the oceans to you! Hang in there. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.