Friday, January 27, 2012

I've Got That Progesterone Feeling

For four days now I've been taking my Endometrin as directed.  The slime isn't all that bad yet.  But some of the side efftects are starting to get a bit annoying.

  • My areolas are sore.  Not the entire breast, no just the nipple area.
  • I've been getting headaches.  Not too bad, just one bad one so far.
  • Increased nighttime urination.
  • Being extra tired.
Which considering that I'm trying to grow a baby right now I'll cope.  I'm happy to have Hope in me right now. By week 37 I'll probably be wishing it was the due date and wanting Hope to be born.

This morning after awakening from a nightmare, just my fears of losing my spouse to another woman that is fertile (I think we've all had this type of nightmare), I spoke with J about Hope.    He told me he likes calling the embaby Hope and in Spanish Hope is  Esperanza.  Hmm, wasn't Esperanza the name of the housekeeper that the character Gaylord Focker had an affair with?  Well anyway Hope in Slavic is Nadiya.  I think I rather like that one.  So I'll be calling this embaby by its name in different languages just to keep things interesting I think.  If you know of Hope in different languages and want to give me the name let me know.

In other news, I'll be glad when the swelling in my ovaries goes down.  I can only sleep in one position right now and its on my back.  I try to roll to either side and my ovaries complain.


My uterus is feeling better today.  Yesterday morning and afternoon it felt as though I had been punched in the uterus from the inside.  The transfer did not go smoothly but I think I already mentioned the two different speculums having to be used because he couldn't get me opened properly with the first one no matter what position he tried with it.  The second one was longer.  Then began the swabbing with the gauze 2 x 2's and the other gear to clean off the excess mucus.  Lovely the Endometrin made my inside messy.  Then the catheter bent and it shouldn't have.  Dr.C. didn't have a problem with the mock transfer or the first IVF.  Dr.B. has only ever wanded me so he didn't know the route I guess.


I did feel some twinges of pain last night before bed.  It felt more like pinches but a bit sharper, most likely it was the uterus getting cranky with me.  With luck I'll feel something similar over the next few days or week as Hope burrows deep into the uterine lining.


I've asked J to sign back in off leave today as he will have the weekend off.  No sense in wasting leave days that we might need later on for a vacation or delivery or possible...well I don't want to say it.  He is taking care of me and I'm not going to leave the house for another day.


I did take a warm bath last night and used my brand new candy thermometer that I've had for two years and never took out of the package.  So I made sure the bath was about 90 degrees for water temp.  My legs still pinkened so I'm guessing I'm just susceptible to cold and heat is all.


I'm being as careful as possible without over worrying.  I don't want to add guilt feelings to the stress which would make the stress worse.  I am meditating and last night my blood pressure was a reasonable 124/75.  So that means that the Circle + Bloom is helping.

15 comments:

  1. I hope you feel a lot of twinging and cramping and "heaviness" over the next several days...those are all good things. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. I'll be watching for updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to remember to update daily. I know that all pregnancies are different and so they have been with me. I just think I have a better chance with this one.

      Delete
  2. Well it sounds like you are in a good place right now and stress is as low as can be expected. Did you have a choice between the oil and the suppositories? I was on the crinone for my iuis and the crinone never showed up in blood. I am hoping that my doctor will do the oil (just for piece of mind). Especially with my low levels as is.

    I hope you have a great weekend and keep getting rest and relaxtion for little hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did have a choice. But with J gone so much for this pregnancy for classes I had a better chance with the Endometrin than I did with trying to give myself an IM shot and having it work. LOL.

      I did the PIO shot last IVF. I've actually heard quite the opposite that the Endometrin, a hard pill that dissolves inside the vagina, works better because of its local than the crinone or the PIO shot.

      I lost my twins because my progesterone was so low. I didn't do an IUI or IVF back then but I was on clomid for that pregnancy.

      So far all the side effects of the Endometrin are pointing to it working quite well. I'll not know if its working as its supposed to because my clinic, an Army one, does not monitor the progesterone levels. The next blood draw I get will be just the Beta.

      Delete
  3. I feel like I've been on Endometrin forever. I find a nightly bath helps with the irritation from the leakage. I didn't get irritated until I was on it for a few weeks though. FX for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still doing my nightly baths too. I'm using my candy thermometer to check the temp and I keep it between 90-100. It helps that J turned the hot water heater down before the last IVF for me.

      Delete
  4. Well, it sounds like the Endometrin is doing its job. I'm so sorry that you have the headaches. Those are no fun. I've heard the same thing about Crinone and Endometrin working better than the PIO because it's localized to the area where it's needed. Apparently a number of IVF centers are starting to phase out PIO because of this.

    I really love the fact that you are calling the baby Hope in many tongues. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much as the shots were nice because they were less messy I'd rather do the Endometrin this time because I know that the stuff is in the right area and giving all its worth rather than trying to work through my muscle and fat to get to the right place. Yes I know it goes into the blood stream but for me its more psychological knowing I'm putting it closer.

      Delete
  5. Yes, please keep us posted. Glad that you are relaxing and generally feeling calm. The Endometrim can be an annoyance but way better than a shot in the butt :-) How often are you doing it? I did it 3 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing this 3 times a day. I remember the shot being more painful for my husband than it was for me. Sure it burned but it only hurt when he didn't let the alcohol dry first!

      Delete
  6. Hope it's all ok. I slept loads when I was on progesterone. Remember if the side effects are bad you can always switch to another brand - I found that really helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far its not so bad. No headache yesterday so it could have just been the stress from an outside influence the other day. I wish I could sleep more. With my bad back, think bulging discs, I can't sleep for more than about 6 hours before my back hurts.

      Delete
  7. If you want to change it up and use a boys name you can call Hope Yuuki. It is Japanese for tender/gentle hope.

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.