Monday, November 22, 2010

Winter Is Here

photo by me of course

Last night we lost power for about three hours.  It didn't stop me from cooking dinner.  I know how to light the gas stove.  I know where the candles, oil lamps, and matches are located.  My husband even grilled steaks outside by the light of tea light lanterns.  The only thing we had to worry about was staying warm.  The outside temperature had dropped quick and the snow started to fall.

The snow is still falling as I type this blog entry.  Above is a photo I took this morning.  My plants are still blooming which makes it rather nice.  See the photo below.

I'm all set with my Sorrel boots, long black wool coat, gloves, and if needed a hat, the coat does have a nice hood.  I doubt our Winter here will get as cold as it is back home in the North Country.   Most folks living here wouldn't be able to handle the -40 F we experienced back home.

Maybe the snow will accumulate a few more inches and I'll be able to make that snowman I was hoping for yesterday.  Thursday we are due for rain.  For now all is right in the world and the outside for once looks like it should this time of year.  Now to go find where the snow shovel was placed in the garage.

For those of you that read my blog and live in the area, stay safe, drive cautiously, even if some of you are used to the snow back home there are others that are not.

Bright Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.