Sunday, September 2, 2012

CD 7

Today I listed four jewelry items in my ETSY shop.  This is a photo of the chain maille bracelet that J made for the shop.  Its 8 inches in length.  I told him to be careful and consider making a few smaller ones too.  I have a small wrist, just under 6 inches around.

Its CD7.  The OPK line is starting to darken.  Will I have a chance with my shitty eggs this cycle?  Who knows.  But I'm going to give this cycle my best effort.  I'm still going to enjoy my life.

J and I are still hoping to move onto donor eggs soon but we, alas, have to wait on the Army.  So until we know how much money we have to use for donor eggs everything I sell in my ETSY shop, see the link at the side of my blog, will go to cover the infertility treatments or possible adoption fund that the medical insurance doesn't cover.  After paying out-of-pocket for numerous IUIs and two IVF we have to be careful with what money we have left in the savings.  If J does have to leave the Army we'll need that money to survive on until he can find steady work.  Time has run out on us trying to conceive without the aid of medical intervention.  Hopefully my shop will yield a few dollars to help pay for a bit of the process of getting a child.

We have not ruled out adoption.  Adoption is just going to take a lot longer and more money than going the donor egg route.  I hate to even think that the donor eggs will fail because then well, I'll just break down and cry and cry and cry.  Not like I haven't done enough crying already.

Why donor eggs?  Well as we all know men tend to bond more quickly with someone they have something in common with.  What is better than sharing DNA?  I will more than likely bond with the baby while it's in my womb.  I could care less about my own DNA except for the fact that it would have saved us a chunk of change that we could have put into the child's college/trade school fund.

So here I sit watching the line darken and having some hope for a possible easy future.  Ugh, there is no "easy" with endometriosis so I'm not sure why I even used that word.  But I think that most of you know what I mean.  If all goes well I'll be ovulating right around the time the RE checks me out which will be on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed, legs wide open, eyes covered by crossed fingers that I see some follicle and not MEGA huge cyst activity on the ultrasound machine on Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. Having hope that your body gives a great egg this month. I also am very hopeful about you guys doing the DE. I had the talk with my husband the other night about the exact same thing. I asked how he felt about it and his response was... " would you still love a baby that wasn't genetically yours?" My response was, it would be my baby because I would carry and love him/her from the time they were an embryo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful that you won't have to go that route Toni. With any luck you are pregnant now.

      Delete
  2. I feel like I wrote this post. It is so hard to deal with Endometriosis and infertility. All said and done we spent $28,000 out of pocket to conceive our boys. If my sister hadn't been our egg donor it would have been much more.
    Thinking of you and hoping that your dreams are answered soon. I do know that the three friends I had who used egg donors with proven success rates were successful their first round.
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so hoping that we will be successful our first round too. It can be so emotionally draining. With the holidays coming up I can only imagine how it's going to affect me.

      Delete
  3. congrats on the jewellery items! :-) stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. The braclet is beautiful! Tell J he did good!

    You have such a great attitude and are so strong on your TTC journey! Even though there are no answers, you have a plan! So I hope htat brings you comfort! I will be praying for you and your family! It WILL all work out in the end, just remember that. Even when we dont know what the end looks like, or how we are going to get there, one day we will. I will be routing you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Message passed on to J. He made another chain maille bracelet today in gold and silver.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.