Saturday, September 22, 2012

Random Discovery

I posted this baby hat in my shop this morning.  There are of course matching booties that have been listed.

Now to the random discovery.  This morning while I was rooting through my night stand drawer looking for my tramadol I found something I thought I didn't keep.

I found a positive pregnancy test.  I totally forgot that J wanted me to keep it.  Actually in there were two positive tests and four negatives.

1 February 2012 I was pregnant from the last IVF.  By the next day the line was gone.  Hoping against all odds I tested again the same day and twice the next day.  Beta was the following day.  At least I know for a while I was pregnant.  It's hard to believe it has now been 7.5 months.  Wow I would have been full term by now.  So much time has flown by.

I still have some hope that maybe I'll get pregnant again.  Oh I doubt it will happen with my own eggs but I have hope that if we are able to go the donor egg route I'll have a baby that way.

Still no word on whether or not J can stay in the military.  Now it's all down to one man's decision.  The same man that decided all soldiers on Rear-D were not worthy to go to the board or receive awards.  So yes I have my doubts because this one man seems to have it in for the those left behind.  This is just my opinion mind you.

J tells me that normally this man shouldn't have this power but for some unknown reason his paperwork has to go through this guy.  We were hoping for word on Friday but now it looks like, because the orderly room can't find record of his last PT test, he'll have to take another one.  Which means further delays.

I'm getting anxious.  I don't want to stress J, it's not his fault things have changed.  I just want an answer now.  I need to start making plans.

Maybe by December we'll know the answer to our big question.

11 comments:

  1. I have 4 positive pregnancy tests, and a picture of them form my surprise pregnancy in 2010/11 which ended at 11.6 weeks. I run across them,many the first ultrasound every so often (and proceed to move them to what I think will be a non stumble across spot) and my heart hurts. Hugs to you. I do have a question though...why wait to see if he can reenlist? Use the medical insurance to get pregnant with that donor Embryo. Or am I missing the big picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that holds onto the pictures and tests.

      Our insurance doesn't cover infertility, it only covers contraceptives. The only reason we get most of our meds low cost or free is because the pharmaceutical companies donate certain meds to the clinic.

      He did go to the retention office to see if he could re-enlist. He can but he has to wait on someone else's final decision if he is worthy. Other than that they'd love to keep him in. But we all know it always comes down to one man's word.

      Delete
  2. Forget my last comment....just realized neither of you would know if J would be employed....and, in this crappy economy nothing is a given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we have to pay out of pocket for infertility treatments, the money I've put aside for donor eggs if he can't re-enlist would have to go towards living expenses.

      Delete
  3. Why is J having to go through a board to re-enlist? Is it the whole "non promotable status" thing? I heard that the Army is trying to thin way out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't have to go through a board to re-enlist. He was hoping to go to a board while on Rear-D but one man decided that Rear-D isn't worthy of promotions, board, and awards.
      This same guy is the one that has to now review J's paperwork and decide if he is worthy to re-enlist. He has his TS so that is a selling point at least. He'll be off profile in the next couple of months if his back continues to heal the way it is.

      Delete
    2. I didnt mean the board. I guess I am just confuessed. Usually so long as you are in your window and you are in good standing cant you just re-enlist? I heard that the Army is trying to thin out, so have they changed their re-enlistment process?

      Delete
    3. I didnt mean board. What I ment to say is I guess I am confused. I thought that if you were in your window and in good standing that you could just re-enlist. I have heard that the Army is trying to cut way back, so have they changed their re-enlistment policies/ process? If this man, is he the BDE retention officer? If he says no then J can still re-enlist in to the "Big Army" right? I think everyone has keep sakes.

      Why doesnt health care over IF treatments? I dont understand why that is. If your liver wasnt working they would cover that. So if your uterus needs help then why not cover that? Or am i not understanding it correctly?

      Delete
  4. J spoke with the retention NCO and he was the one that gave him the good news that he could stay in, however, the paperwork would still need to be submitted and approved before being allowed to re-enlist by a particular person that I won't mention here that is currently deployed. If this particular person decides that J isn't what they army is looking for then he will ETS. We are however, hoping that this person will decide that J is worthy.

    Oh you are understanding the whole health care system correctly. My liver doesn't work well either and I've been told I can see a dietician by the way. However, infertility treatments, because reproducing is a choice, are not covered. Its cheaper to have someone decide to not reproduce, and we all know that TRICARE is cheap, so birth control and operations to sterilize are covered. Like I said they are too cheap so that is the "why" of why they don't cover the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're going through so many unknowns. Wishing you all kinds of luck going forward.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.