Saturday, September 1, 2012

ETSY Shop Open

My shop is now open and I've been busy adding items.  Only four today but I have plenty more to add.  Here is an example of one item I have for sale in my shop

3-6 months size hat hand crocheted by me.

Tomorrow I'll be uploading more items, probably some of the jewelry I've been busy making.  Currently I have about 8 pairs of baby booties so I'll get to listing those soon.

So yes, I did it!  I finally re-opened my shop!  YAY for me!

I'll be making more hats in various sizes and colors once I find a bit more time in my schedule. For now I'll list almost daily what I have in stock in the jewelry and crochet.  I do have a lot of jewelry I've been making.  When I first opened my shop in 2006 my main category was jewelry.  I work in hemp, wire, gems, and yes clay.  I sometimes make my own beads too.

I am hoping that with the making of baby items I'll build up some good Karma.  Most of you can understand how badly I want a child as many of you have also suffered along the same journey of infertility.

Okay well I need to get back to the salt mines, err...I mean work.  Have a good holiday weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. Now I just need to figure out to link my shop to my blog.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'm going to have to share your shop. Beautiful, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love all the colors in this hate and it looks nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made another hat today in green and started yet another in a variegated color. Tomorrow I'll post jewelry. J made a beautiful chain maille bracelet that I have to take photos of still.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. Just something to keep my hands busy and hopefully my pockets full of more than lint.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work! I can't wait to see what else you put up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Sarah you should see the one I'm working on now. I plan on making booties to match.

      Delete
  7. How cool! You have inspired me to make an Etsy shop. HAHAHA no, I have too much with my the whole mothering /school thing going on. BUT once I get that down I wonder if I wouldnt set one up too. How lovely! I would have to practice a lot of my crafting too. HEHEH I am not nearly as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its time consuming and costly to start the shop. I don't even figure in my hourly wage to make the items; if I did then the prices wouldn't make for many sales. I think the baby quilt you embroidered was quite lovely.

      Delete
  8. This is so cool. You are very talented. I love that newbie hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made another last night in green and am currently working on a variegated one today.

      Delete
  9. Very pretty! I would totally buy a hat in blue and grey if you made one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to remember that Alyssa. J loves grey and he of course favors blue wanting a boy.

      Delete

If you decide to be a Troll I will refuse to pay your toll and your comment will not appear.